appealing for bsg

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Silvermoon

appealing for bsg

Post by Silvermoon »

Dear Etienne
I would appreciate if you could help me. My daughter didn't pass the eleven plus for Bournemouth school for girls( 2 points down) she did qualified for Parkstone grammar 24 points up the passing mark.
The reason she did not qualified is because during the English test the invigilator mistakenly told the wrong time; 10 minutes before the end of the test she said : "girls you have another 5 minutes" after a while,( the invigilator said she immediately correct herself my daughter said there must have been 5 minutes) the invigilator said "oh my mistake you have another 10 minutes".
My daughter after hearing that entered in a panic state also because she didn't tackle the test from the first question downward but she did first the grammar bit and then read the first comprehension test answered the questions she was confident with and then she started to reread the test spending a lot of time reading the tests just when she was about to answer the other questions the invigilator confused her with the wrong time. She started to answer questions randomly thinking she did not have time to answer sensibly then when the invigilator correct herself she tried to go back to the questions not knowing the ones she did randomly and the one did sensibly wasting lots of time. also want to point out the she was in a state of panic.
The other 2 tests VR and maths had very good score. The English bit let her down.
We live next to Bournemouth school for girl her sister is already there y9 and even if she gets Parkstone grammar that means 2 hours travels every day.
y5 report exceeding in all subject English included.
Right now I'm a bit angry because I think it's not my daughter's fault that she fail the English test and it's not coincidence that it's the only test that was not at a "grammar standard".
Would you mind advice me appealing sound very stressful and I do not know why for someone else mistake my family has to go through this awful time.
Thank you for your time .
hermanmunster

Re: appealing for bsg

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Silvermoon and welcome to the forum.

With appeals the important thing is to put the school on the application form and then in March when you do not get a place they will give you details of how to appeal. The key with appealing is to get good academic evidence and hopefully her current school will help you with this.

There is a lot about appealing here https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It may also be worth checking https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... cation#b58" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and enquiring as to whether the incident was recorded
Silvermoon

Re: appealing for bsg

Post by Silvermoon »

Many many thanks for your reply I will ask for a invigilator's report and I will get back to you thanks again
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now