Results via email or letter?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kelbel

Results via email or letter?

Post by kelbel »

Hi

Quick question-my letter which gave the details for the test says that if I registered my child for the test via the portal (which I did), the results will be available by email from 15th October. Did the letters also say this last year as I believe that the results were all actually sent by post? Just wondering which one we are likely to get this year.

Thank you.
Varsha2017

Re: Results via email or letter?

Post by Varsha2017 »

kelbel wrote:Hi

Quick question-my letter which gave the details for the test says that if I registered my child for the test via the portal (which I did), the results will be available by email from 15th October. Did the letters also say this last year as I believe that the results were all actually sent by post? Just wondering which one we are likely to get this year.

Thank you.
We registered last year via the portal and received result by Post on 14th Oct '17. No email we received for results.
kelbel

Post by kelbel »

Thanks for replying. Did your test letter say that the results would be via post though or were yours supposed to be by email too? (I appreciate you may not be able to remember though so no worries if not!) Thanks.
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

kelbel wrote:Thanks for replying. Did your test letter say that the results would be via post though or were yours supposed to be by email too? (I appreciate you may not be able to remember though so no worries if not!) Thanks.

Below transcript received on Oct 6, 2017 from Admissions -

"--
Eleven Plus <elevenplus@warwickshire.gov.uk> (sent by emilysexon@warwickshire.gov.uk)
Oct 6, 2017, 11:17 AM
to bcc: me

Dear Parent / Carer

If your child has sat the 11+ test between the 09 September and 29 September the results will be posted to your home address. Unfortunately we will be unable to email the results. The results letters will be posted on Friday 13 October first class and therefore you should receive them by Monday 16 October. If you have not received your results by Tuesday 17 October please contact our service on 01926 414143 (option 2) or email: elevenplus@warwickshire.gov.uk

Please disregard this email if you have cancelled your child's 11+ registration or your child has not yet sat the 11+ test.

Kind regards,

--
11+ Selection Test and Admission into Grammar Schools
Warwickshire School Admissions Service

Pupil and Student Services
Education & Learning ...."
kelbel

Post by kelbel »

Hi

Ok, so it sounds as if they’ll let us know nearer the time if they’re not able to email them for some reason so we’ll know whether to be stalking the postman (joke!) or expecting an email. That’s helpful, thank you!
Seraphina

Post by Seraphina »

If you applied online, the results will be available on the Parent Portal from 9am on 15th October, and you will also get an email. If you applied by post, you will be sent a letter from 15th October.

This is according to a reminder letter received by WCC today about applying for a school place.

Hope that puts everyone's minds at rest!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Birmingham scores are out today.
Seraphina

Post by Seraphina »

Yes - feels weird that Birmingham have theirs, but we have to wait!
Zoot

Post by Zoot »

The portal has a button marked 'View Entrance Test Results' alongside the application for the test. It has no results uploaded on it yet but that is where I will be checking on Monday.
snow white

Post by snow white »

Oh good spot... getting nervous now!! Wish they could just push the button on Friday rather than Monday! But guess they need to be manning the phones!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now