The wait is nearly over!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

DenDe

Re: The wait is nearly over!

Post by DenDe »

By post or email do you think?

I have had a different response every time I've contacted admissions, I'm tempted to go into school on Tues morning and demand to know on the grounds of a nervous breakdown. :evil: :evil: :evil:
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

I didn't tick the notification by email box. Did you tick that box? Wednesday 2nd by post otherwise.
DenDe

Post by DenDe »

I don't remember a notification by email box but I did apply on line.

I know the result will be the same no matter when it arrives but not knowing exactly when it will arrive is making the wait even more difficult. I'm at work on the 2nd too so can't wait for the postman. Perhaps that is a good thing!
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

sorry, didn't make myself clear, for those that applied by good old fashioned had the option to tick or not for e-mail notification
gettingnervous

Post by gettingnervous »

7 days to go for the post ! I too still have no idea when Solihull residents who applied online will get their email notification.

Yesterday I received an email from Solihull admissions stating 'if you submitted your application on-line, you will receive the 'offer' on 2nd March, but unfortunately we cannot give the time of day as to when you will receive it'.

So we may well receive it at midnight on the 2nd, or after the offer arrives by post :-(.

Does anyone know whether the schools will be able to tell parents on the 1st March, ie. will they have all the allocations for their children on the Tuesday ?

What torture during half term week :twisted:
gettingnervous

Post by gettingnervous »

DenDe if you login to your application (https://www.solihull.gov.uk/enrol/login.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), and view your details, there is a field 'Give email decision consent' - if you have this as 'yes', you ought to receive email notification. I can't remember actually whether I ticked a box or this is automatic when an application is made online.
DenDe

Post by DenDe »

Thanks for that gettingnervous. I'll check my application. I think I'm resigned to the fact that the earliest we'll hear is by post next Wed. I'm pretty sure the schools will have all the details by Tues so it will be very tempting to "bump into" the Head on Tues morning........

I might change my forum name to "gettingnervous2" :lol:
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

We are avoiding getting very nervous as there is nothing more we can do..At the end of the day we have till 17th March to make our minds up if we are lucky enough to have secured a place in a grammar school, there is no further competition for places after the test results come out.
gettingnervous

Post by gettingnervous »

DenDe I'll be changing my username to 'AtBreakingPoint' very shortly too ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Does anybody in Worcestershire have any more clearer ideas when we will know tomorrow.

I cant believe I didnt chase them myself today ! :shock:

And are we expecting an email, or will the result be somewhere on your online account ?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now