Test venues

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nervousmom

Re: Test venues

Post by nervousmom »

DH will be taking DD so he'll do a test run before the day.

Hopefully at 8.30am on a Saturday morning the M42 won't be too busy.
Gladitsallover

Post by Gladitsallover »

Ours is Coleshill too and we're also a good 25-30 mins away...we've also had the same problem re priority circle (and we definitely fall about 5 miles inside it...!) so just on the phone to Admissions now!!
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

nervousmom wrote:We have our test venue and I'm a bit puzzled

Coleshill School

It's about a 25 minute drive down the M42, so a bit of a strange one.

However, I did have a major panic. The fit and well sheet includes a box showing priority area. If blank it says you are outside the area, our box is blank!

Spoke to a lady at admissions who confirmed this was wrong and will resend with correct info.
I think I remember you saying you pretty much applied as soon as applications were open like we did- somewhat surprising they allocated a venue so far. I'm sure you'll be ok on a Saturday morning- as long as the M42 is clear :shock: :?
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

We applied 2 days after it came on line. I was expecting Henley or Studley.

Hopefully the m42 won't be too bad at 8.15 on a Saturday morning :?

Gladitsallover, how did you get on with admissions?
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

There does seem to be a trend of non local venues. I know of two DCs in Warwick, one who's venue is KES and the other is King Henry VIII in Cov. We haven't had ours yet but I'm now pretty sure it's not going to be local.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Bizarre! When DS took the test 2 years ago, all the Warwick DC we knew went to Henley no matter which primary they attended. Will have to see where DD's friends are sitting this year ...

JD
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

JamesDean wrote:Bizarre! When DS took the test 2 years ago, all the Warwick DC we knew went to Henley no matter which primary they attended.
Three years ago DS1 was taking it at Myton with all those from the same school. I was looking forward to walking there and back this year as a stress reliever. Stratford or Cov might be a bit too far for a stress-relieving walk! :lol: I'm sure there's some fraud-busting reason for this. Maybe.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

It would be interesting to know how and why they allocated these schools.

I think DD is the only Warwickshire child from her primary. The others are Birmingham.

Another question, why use Coleshill school when it doesn't even fall into either of the priority circles for South or East?
sparkles18

Post by sparkles18 »

Is anybody else sitting the test on Sunday? DS has to sit it on Sunday, not sure why as we didn't request that day.
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

sparkles18 wrote:Is anybody else sitting the test on Sunday? DS has to sit it on Sunday, not sure why as we didn't request that day.
Curiouser and curiouser, surely having consecutive test days defeats the object of all the anti-fraud work the councils are putting in?

Our letter has turned up - it was delivered to the wrong address yesterday :evil: we have KES (on the 12th) too (in the gym rather than Levi Fox Hall), which is best case scenario for us, better than Myton really. For those interested: start time 9.30am with registration between 8.45am & 9.15am

Has anyone noticed the wrong use of 'stationary' on the back of the letter (one of my pet hates!). Anyway, they don't need to take any stationery or anything else that stands still :lol: (unless needed for medical reasons)...

Pick up time is 12.15, so just in time for a well deserved pizza.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now