Bags for school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
BucksBornNBred

Re: Bags for school

Post by BucksBornNBred »

This is a genuine question (maybe a new thread is needed) but I can see that the style of question has changed in maths, but how has the actual underlying maths changed? I see the questions are more "wordy" but surely the equations/fomulae/whatever are the same? I do appreciate that there is a "new" approach to mentai maths which I was never taught but seems to have its origins in my Mum's school days (always baffled me the way she would explain things and ditto the way my DS explains things!)

To keep on topic though, I have been able to buy a new bag from Sainsburys - not sure it is as sturdy as my Tesco bag but it is large and should do the job for at least a year. I get the feeling I am the poor relative here because I keep mentioning supermarkets ;-)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Topics have changed even in maths ... new topics added and others removed.

Books don't last very long - in and out of bags [not done carefully either].
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

On bags...
I bought dd relatively cheap bags for the first nearly two years and they did not last well at all. At the beginning she was probably carrying too much but not after a few months and they still broke (usually the strap). She really wanted a Hype bag which was more than I would normally spend so she paid the difference - but it has been brilliant, totally worth the money; she's had it over 2 years and it's still intact.
Ds's bag is from H and M and has lasted him 2 years and it's still going strong. It was pretty reasonably priced.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

I know this is about school backpacks but does anyone have tips for a sturdy swim bag (for school)? If I find one that looks strong enough it isn't big enough, but if I find one big enough it isn't strong enough!
Rugbymumto2

Post by Rugbymumto2 »

Have a look at TYR swimming backpacks. Decathlon do a version of this which is cheaper and just as good, we have both in the family.
Moguie

Post by Moguie »

BucksBornNBred wrote:I know this is about school backpacks but does anyone have tips for a sturdy swim bag (for school)? If I find one that looks strong enough it isn't big enough, but if I find one big enough it isn't strong enough!
We have mesh training bags. Not sure if its school suitable though but fits lots in
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I made a bag for swimming gear as we couldn't find anything that was suitable.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Thank you for the advice - I will look into your suggestions. We now have a decathlon in town so I will check them out but, G55, what type of material did you use to make your own? I will repair the current one but my sewing skills remain at pre-'O'level range :oops: so not sure how well that will go.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now