2019 cohort actual results -once available

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kenyancowgirl

Re: 2019 cohort actual results -once available

Post by kenyancowgirl »

jurassic wrote:Kenyancowgirl - not sure why they can’t rlovide just Warwickshire results I don’t know
Because it is the same test as Birmingham and some Birmingham candidates will share with Warks as they are able to genuinely access Warwickshire Grammar schools.

In response to your other confusion, the mean is 200. It always has been.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

mishra wrote:
kenyancowgirl wrote:I think it is Warwickshire and those from Birmingham who opted to share with Warwickshire. From memory, it was a Warks/B'ham shared rank last year as well.

Makes it a little more challenging to work out, but the general advice stays the same - use last year's AQS as a guide to how likely your child's score is to get a place - list your schools in your true preference order, making sure there is at least one safe school on there.
I have a friend of mine whose daughter scored 220. Based on https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-699-941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I can guess she is somewhere ranked 900.
Based on
https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-699-826" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Total seats is 627. Is my understanding correct. Or the seats from Birmingham schools will also add to it?
Yes she is ranked 898. The total places available (based on the 2018 PANs) is 627 in Warwickshire however, as a girl, obviously you have to take out the number of seats in the Boy only schools. In places like Alcester, where it is mixed, it tends to fall roughly 50% each gender per year. There will also be some quirks for pupil premium students who can score slightly less but rank higher. Some of the children higher than her might go to private schools or move out of the area.

Advise your friend to list their school choices in their actual preference order - 220 is probably unlikely to get a place at Shottery, based on last year from memory, but I can’t advise anyone more as I am on my phone and am struggling with signal to look up past data.
forumvisit

Post by forumvisit »

Yesterday I managed to find the FOI data with the top 200 scores. Today it seems to have disappeared! Could someone else check again to ensure Im not going mad.... mumofgirls, rumplestiltskin Kenyancowgirl. etc
Seraphina

Post by Seraphina »

You're right - it's disappeared, along with lots of other info!
Last edited by Seraphina on Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-699-941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have it open on my computer but not sure the link will work.
Jyoti2018

Post by Jyoti2018 »

Am I right in thinking that compared to last year results posted during same period we have too few of them for this year?
SalamS

Post by SalamS »

223 boy Rugby
any chance of a good school???
especially with the high number this year . .
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

SalamS wrote:223 boy Rugby
any chance of a good school???
especially with the high number this year . .
Yes.