Rankings for 2019 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gingerly67

Re: Rankings for 2019 entry

Post by gingerly67 »

I'm aware that the 234 bus, which currently runs through the station and South Leamington, will start and finish in Whitnash from next September, so some parents may no longer have the cheaper council option. I don't know about council services from other parts of the town, but there does seem to be a fairly good possibility of getting a place on a school bus, even from the waiting list after term has started. I don't know if complaining to Stagecoach will have any effect, but I suppose it's worth a try! I know all children are different, and some love their bus journey, but it does cut into their after-school relaxation/activities/homework time if there are substantial delays.
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

gingerly67 wrote:I'm aware that the 234 bus, which currently runs through the station and South Leamington, will start and finish in Whitnash from next September, so some parents may no longer have the cheaper council option. I don't know about council services from other parts of the town, but there does seem to be a fairly good possibility of getting a place on a school bus, even from the waiting list after term has started. I don't know if complaining to Stagecoach will have any effect, but I suppose it's worth a try! I know all children are different, and some love their bus journey, but it does cut into their after-school relaxation/activities/homework time if there are substantial delays.

My son uses 234 currently and if your news is correct it certainly put us in quandary. May I ask where did you get the news for next year as it definitely impacts us badly. The new issued timetable for 234 is valid till June 2019 so hopefully they would at least continue till such time.
gingerly67

Post by gingerly67 »

The new timetable is here: https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-618-583" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When I checked with the council transport department, they confirmed that it would be starting from Whitnash after the end of this year, i.e. Sept 2019.
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

gingerly67 wrote:The new timetable is here: https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-618-583" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When I checked with the council transport department, they confirmed that it would be starting from Whitnash after the end of this year, i.e. Sept 2019.

Oh Ok. I have received the new time table mail but doesn't have anything for Sep'19 in it ...may be too early. Better I check now for their next year run and plan accordingly. Thanks and another reason why this forum is so helpful before and after 11 +. Great thanks
darkmuseuk

Post by darkmuseuk »

Varsha2017 wrote:
gingerly67 wrote:The new timetable is here: https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-618-583" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh Ok. I have received the new time table mail but doesn't have anything for Sep'19 in it ...may be too early. Better I check now for their next year run and plan accordingly. Thanks and another reason why this forum is so helpful before and after 11 +. Great thanks
You can see from that linked timetable that the town centre stops are stopping after July. There doesn't appear to be an alternative apart from public transport.
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

darkmuseuk wrote:
Varsha2017 wrote:

You can see from that linked timetable that the town centre stops are stopping after July. There doesn't appear to be an alternative apart from public transport.
Understand now what you mean. So after July '19 we are on our own with only Public transport to back us. But why?
Vicksteroo

Post by Vicksteroo »

I'm interested in changes to council bus provision as we will be hoping to use it from Sept '19 too. I've been in contact with the education bus team and raised concerns regarding their policy changes (you'll only get a free bus pass if you attend your closest school from Sept '19), and asked how this will affect routes where the school isn't the closest. My assumption had been that we'd have to pay for a "vacant seat", but they couldn't confirm whether any bus provision will continue in the case where no children are eligible for free travel, i.e. to schools that aren't the closest. We're in a village which is out of catchment for our closest school, so they're effectively saying we may not get bus travel at all to our catchment schools from next year.

Yay?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

That has happened on our bus route - from this September they stopped serving a Village/hamlet near us because there were no free bus pass users going from there. There were 4 vacant seat users though - they now have to get a lift to the next village, where the bus does stop. The bus company did give plenty of notice but because one parent complained bitterly, agreed to continue till the end of last year - however, they refused to continue this a ademic year. This has meant that everyone else can get up later and still get into Stratford at the same time.

Bus times and routes change regularly and frequently and always annually as people leave (lots of 6th formers opt not to use the bus) and new Y7s start. And, yes, the price is always going to go up.
SalamS

Post by SalamS »

Dear All
I just received a spread sheet file from the Council with all rankings for 2016/2017/2018 11+ results including break down of area and female/male distribution
I am happy to share if
I will try to find a way to upload here or may be share a link to my google drive

I will keep you informed

All ideas are welcomed on the best way to share the file

SS
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi SS

Only Mods can attach files to the forum. If you wish to send the spreadsheet to me, I will be very happy to post it on the forum for you.

I will PM you my email address.

S-A