Ashlawn & happiness?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
GSHopeful

Re: Ashlawn & happiness?

Post by GSHopeful »

No no I don’t think my three examples are representative of the viewpoint of others/any general reputation the school has. I just happen to know of three people whose children attended and left. It’s obviously a fluke that that’s who I know as I know the school is excellent and that is very much our viewpoint. Please don’t pass onto the head. I was just asking for some counter opinions to back up my own thoughts on what seems an amazing school. I have tried to remove the post but can’t. Thank you to those who’ve commented and I never intended to suggest there was a huge reputation issue.
GSHopeful

Post by GSHopeful »

Please could this be deleted now? I do not want to suggest an issue at the school.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I don't think that is necessary as you expressed a concern from what you have heard from the people you know and it has been robustly countered by others. I am not sure why skipsmash feels the need to report it to the head in anything other than positive terms as that is the general vibe I got from this thread as a total outsider. It does not reflect badly on your GSHopeful, if that is what is worrying you.

It is also very useful for other people who may have heard similar things to see that there is no apparent reason for concern.
GSHopeful

Post by GSHopeful »

Thank you kerryann that is what is worrying me as my intention was not to spread rumours, just to get some feedback from those able to counter what I’d heard. Am I not allowed to have it removed?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Threads are usually only removed for serious breaches of forum rules - I cannot see that this falls into that category. And, as I have said before, it actually serves a useful purpose in giving a positive slant on the school.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Please see FAQ 7
scary mum
GSHopeful

Post by GSHopeful »

Ok fair enough and not a problem. Thank you for clarifying.
skipsmash

Post by skipsmash »

Hi, I won't mention it to the head. I just thought she might have wanted to know about this, esp as she is new.

I promise!
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

skipsmash wrote: I could tell you some horror stories about RHS ... but that's another story - and who knows, they might not all be true, just gossip.
There are likely horror stories about any school, sorry you felt you had to mention RHS.

A couple of Ashlawn pupils play on my football team and they are loving their time there.