CEM and this year's 11+ exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sassie'sDad

Post by Sassie'sDad »

Dear Sur1780, Comiserations to you and dd but also hearty congratulations on account of the three independent school results!

This just goes to point up once more that the 11+ is now difinitively an exercise in keeping GS entry levels within limits of places available (on a nil expansion basis) and nothing else.*

Not sure which area you are in but see that, this year, the Automatic Qualifying Score varies between 329 - 325 for Southern and is 320 in Eastern area. The Waiting list (held from this score and above) is Southern 322, 316, 317 for KEVI, Stratford Grammar and Alcester Grammars respectively. The Eastern area figures are 310, 296, 292, for Lawrence Sheriff, Rugby High School, and Ashlawn Selective.

DD was ranked 187 with 4 other children for East. (She was ranked N/A for Southern.) Her Standardised score agregate was 323 and the breakdown is :VR 98; Numeric 110; NonVR 115. Her birthday is begining of October.

I was somewhat unprepared to hear a homily on this very issue* from a Master at Rugby (been there 25 yrs) when dd and I attended her first induction day for Marshall House last Saturday. Over and above everything else, he questioned the narrow, intensly pressured nature of the curriculum and felt there was too little attention given to 'developing the whole person'.

I am feeling a lot better about our success knowing giving away our unwanted GS place is so valuable to someone else!
jacquie

Post by jacquie »

Congrats to Sassie! :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now