Grrr rrrrr rrrrrrrr - School Uniforms!!!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Yes, we need shin pads too.
chardom

Post by chardom »

We had forgotten shin pads!! Another trip to the shops needed then! Its like a never-ending story! :lol:
magwich2

grrrrr schooluniforms

Post by magwich2 »

I would not bother buying shin pads - hockey is a really nasty game suitable only for those of indeterminate gender and ruffians!!!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

hockey is a really nasty game
At least there are rules about how high your stick can go - unlike lacrosse, now that IS violent.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Guest55 wrote:
hockey is a really nasty game
At least there are rules about how high your stick can go - unlike lacrosse, now that IS violent.
That's funny. My MIL who is in her 90s speaks with great fondness of her lacrosse-playing days. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Marylou
chad

Post by chad »

As someone who has played hockey for the last 30 years I could take umbridge about being classed as being....
indeterminate gender and ruffians!!!
:lol: :lol:

It is all about playing the game correctly :wink:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I was always goalie in hockey.

I reckon the thinking behind it was I didn't have to move much, could cause little damage and it was difficult to get the ball into the small part if the net I didn't fill.......

I was a hefty teenager
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Snowdrops wrote:Well, what a difference today was!!

She said there had been loads of complaints regarding the online ordering for the sports kit. For whatever reason, none of the local shops are allowed to stock the sports kit!!

:
Hi sounds like Ripon have done the same deal as Skipton Girls for the stuff with logos , we had to order the sports kit from school and it was yes youv'e got it delivered to school to be collected only during a very short time period one day!!!! The sizes were xs, s, m, l etc. DD is tiny and the XS fitted me...... so it isbeing kept until she grows a bit
So on the basis that running round in a tracksuit so enormus was probably dangerous and that the dance pants looked ridiculous I went back to the uniform shop and they ordered a plain non logoed tracksuit - I had no comments from the school about this , apparently they cannot insist that the kit with a badge is worn
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

hmmmm, interesting Herman!!
All Too Much

Post by All Too Much »

Andyb - try not to worry. school definitely re-opens on 1 September for staff training. Try contacting them on 1st or 2nd before our DSs start on 3rd.

If still no joy, I have a spare blazer from our older DS (I promise no holes or tears and thoroughly cleaned). I can bring it along on the morning of the 3rd and you are free to have it for the day if it helps your DS to feel more settled.

ATM
All Too Much
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now