Laptops

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I'd be very wary of buying a second hand laptop, they're not very resilient. I got 4 years out of my last one, when it died it was irreparable because they don't make spares that long and since everyone elses' died from the same cause there weren't any usable bits on Ebay either.

Mike
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Have ended up getting a free laptop with a mobile phone deal as we're a bit strapped at the moment. It's actually quite a good one and my contract runs out soon and this contract costs me less so I'm quite pleased. It is always better to buy but needs must!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Well, as your contract was running out soon anyway, you'd have been daft not to!!
Amber

Post by Amber »

The future is Mac!

We were lucky enough to be given a Mac laptop as a present and in our view, as users of both, it leaves the PC/Windows versions standing. Way more expensive I know, but way better too, and more resilient, virus-proof etc. You can get Windows for Mac if you really want it, and as a Mac has a Unix-based programming system, it does what it says on the box, none of this 'are you really sure you want to open this file? Quite sure? Honest?' you get with Vista. Our 3 have to share it (cost as much as time allocation) and are all desperately (and quite hopelessly) saving for their own. I think it will probably pay for itself in the end, because most people I know seem to be replacing laptops with frightening regularity.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now