breaking an addiction

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
fruit salad

Post by fruit salad »

Midget man! Curling not a sport? Have you ever tried even ice skating, let alone wielding a brush or a stone on an ice rink? I had a similar attitude to football until I actually tried it for a couple of days.

For a minute there Doodles, I thought you were saying you were up all night actually curling, and was going to say that that isn't an addiction, that's a healthy pastime!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Fruit salad have to confess looking at the website for our local rink (or whatever it's called) and chickened out!!!! Quite fancy it but not sure I could bend that far.

As far as DS's are concerned PS addiction seems to have burned itself out at the mo. It seems to go in stages ...... long may it last. Bike maintenance is on the agenda for the weekend and hopefully that will stimulate a bike riding addiction for a while - good for me too!!!!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

fruit salad wrote:Midget man! Curling not a sport? Have you ever tried even ice skating, let alone wielding a brush or a stone on an ice rink? I had a similar attitude to football until I actually tried it for a couple of days.

For a minute there Doodles, I thought you were saying you were up all night actually curling, and was going to say that that isn't an addiction, that's a healthy pastime!
:lol: :lol:

I am now picturing you practising in front of the tv Doodles :D
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I keep turning the olympics on in the evening hoping to catch something good and all I seem to get is the curling Doodle's but I don't want it

Maybe it is me that is addicted as I thought Doodles was talking about the Mario version :? . Too much of the wrong sort of Olympics going on here me thinks.
surreydad2010

Post by surreydad2010 »

Also have 2DS's one who is a total nightmare with COD and the other who can take it or leave it.

Rules are - schooldays (inc fridays) one hour each and only after homework has been done. Weekends 2 hours each per day.

After my nightmare addicted DS threw a total wobbly a few months ago we totally banned the PS3 for a week and then he was allowed back onto it but no COD until he could show he was responsible.
It's still hard today and he has the odd tantrum but we are just firm with him and work through it, he knows if he "kicks off" about it then he loses the next days session - that seems to focus his mind. Plus we make sure we do more as a family, watch movies etc, rather than use the PS3 as a babysitter - we are to blame just as much for it getting out of hand by not controlling it at the start.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now