What to do....?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I was "told off"( at the age of 36) by the health visitor because my son was below average weight , when i pointed out that for there to be an average there had to be people both below and above it she just stared at me.
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

:D :D :D
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

The two-fingered sign does indeed go back to the days of the long bow.

Men needed the two fingers to draw back the arrow from the bow and thus they were capable of being fighting men.

If the enemy captured the long bow men they would cut off their fingers.

When facing the enemy the long bow men would put their two fingers up to them to show they were capable of fighting and thus it was a show of strength.

So, when someone puts two fingers up to you they are indeed boasting and looking for a fight!!
Frustratedmum

Post by Frustratedmum »

Sorry but I just have to jump on the bandwagon here a bit. Now I know that there are definitely some lovely health visitors out there because I met a couple who were lovely BUT I did have one who was positively awful, I was pregnant & took my 3 year old DD for a jab. I wasn't in the best of moods, my hormones were raging!! :lol: So not a good time for the health visitor to be saying 'oh by the way, did you know that your daughters eyes are too far apart, did you want me to make you an appt. with the doctor?' to which my reply was a very firm no, I mean what was he gonna do, sew them closer together???!! When we actually did need to see the doctor next I did mention it & his reply...... to laugh out loud!! What a bloomin cheek she had & in my hormonal state at the time, a lucky escape she had too!!!!! :lol: :lol: Oh & now she's 8 with perfect little eyes :twisted: :twisted:
Plum

Post by Plum »

Most models have eyes that are quite far apart - it's considered very attractive!

I asked my health visitor about my son's flat feet, as my OH has them and always complains about pains in his feet - didn't want DS to suffer too. She told me it was nothing to worry about and then went on about tribes in Africa not wearing any shoes and walking for miles..... I took him to the GP and was referred to biomechanics dept at local hospital. DS now has insoles in his shoes and when he doesn't wear them, his feet hurt!

Sometimes you just have to go with your own (good :wink: ) judgement!

Plum

PS FITV: I'm not normally known for keeping quiet but I must admit, I was quite shocked with the boy's behaviour and was a bit speechless. Also, we had just arrived at my house at this point... There weren't many cars (3 or 4 - it's a fairly quite road except at school drop offs and pick ups, as we have schools at both ends of the road) and the boy was only a few feet behind his mum - the way he immediately dropped his hands and looked away when his mum turned round to check on him was actually quite amusing! :roll:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now