11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ourmaminhavana

Re: Tax returns

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Thanks, that's brilliant Warks mum. :D
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

My OH got a letter last week upping his allowance by about £125 pcm.

We didn't get anything else, such as a nice big fat cheque :lol: :lol: :lol: , but it does make me wonder WHY such a big difference - nothing's changed. I keep nagging him to 'phone up, but he's 'busy', just wish I could do it myself!

Anyone know anything about this sort of thing?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Oh well, quandry sorted.

Tax people wrote to us again with another letter. It gave lots of figures and covered two years. It was very hard to make head or tail of it, but I wasn't going to let that beat me :lol: . After reading it several times, and referring to their guide, they will now be sending us a cheque for £2504.00 within the next two weeks - YIPPEE!!!!!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Actually Snowdrops that letter was meant for me, if you could just redirect it I'll be happy to deal with it :wink: :lol:
chad

Post by chad »

Thanks for shaming me into starting the dreaded returns.....finished my father-in-law's return on Tuesday....got to 90% on mine today.....and......I have no tax to pay :D
It also means I haven't earnt as much :oops: but I don't care... the tax man gets nothing from me this year!"!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Just checking if everyone has done the tax returns. Its 31 Jan tomorrow!!
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

just done ours; would be easier to be sent names and addresses of dole spongers and cut out the middle man, its so frustrating the level of institionalised work shy spongers out there. If Cameron is serious, then those that can genuinely work will start working and give us a break.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

no_ball wrote:just done ours; would be easier to be sent names and addresses of dole spongers and cut out the middle man, its so frustrating the level of institionalised work shy spongers out there. If Cameron is serious, then those that can genuinely work will start working and give us a break.
steady on no_ball, this thread was a little support mechanism for those who annually promised themselves and others that they would get the tax returns in promptly and here we are again still busy busy in the last week of January :roll: .

Please don;t turn it into a political rant, I don't like paying tax any more than the next person and am sure that many people could contribute more than they so to society but hey that's life and there is food on the table and no tanks in the street.
SSM

Post by SSM »

Thanks to the reminder on this website I did file my return earlier this year. I managed to get mine and OH's filed and paid on Friday evening. That's three days earlier than normal :lol: :oops:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I have been feeling jittery all day and didn;t know why, I think it is because I am conditioned to feel guilt atthe end of January..
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now