The Perfect Tory Cabinet (Labourites not welcome) ;)

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

Tipsy there's a difference between people who live in big houses and people who claim for duck houses for their moats.
If all the tories were landed gentry they wouldn't be voted in as they'd have little in common with the majority (or minority for that matter) of people voting. So while size of house doesn't matter I think a certain scale probably does.
Also there's much inequity in society and Oxford probably should admit more from lower backgrounds but I've no problem with politicians or the BBC having been to oxbridge or other top unis - the party should simply not be exclusively so (and i don't think they are all oxbridge anyhow). I have worked with many from oxbridge and frankly they're no different than the non-oxbridge lot (all pretty clever). If people put themsleves forward and have good knowledge so be it
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

You are not welcome CHELMSFORD Mum! :roll:
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

Tipsy, have you really got blue blood :lol:
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Perhaps Cameron lives in a modern house to make people think he's normal and lives like the rest of us, when in fact it is all a ploy to soak us in and make us vote Tory. And once he's finally sold his soul to the Lib Dems he can go back to his moat and castle and liveried coach and act like the gentleman he really is, do you think ?

Answers on a postcard, please :wink:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

That's my point Cats. We are all just the same and it would be good of the most prejudiced in society - the ordinary working classes - to remember that. It is this class that like to continually highlight the differences.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:You are not welcome CHELMSFORD Mum! :roll:
:(
Oh but I having so much fun.... :D
Douglas Hogg for Chancellor, unfortunately hard for him to build another moat in Downing Street...
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

Looking for help wrote:Perhaps Cameron lives in a modern house to make people think he's normal and lives like the rest of us, when in fact it is all a ploy to soak us in and make us vote Tory. And once he's finally sold his soul to the Lib Dems he can go back to his moat and castle and liveried coach and act like the gentleman he really is, do you think ?

Answers on a postcard, please :wink:
Tis possible but I have no problem with gentlemen, just old hoggs who claim for ridiculous items from the plebbs and old tories who use westminster like 'a gentleman's club' ie relics.
T.i.p.s.y wrote:That's my point Cats. We are all just the same and it would be good of the most prejudiced in society - the ordinary working classes - to remember that. It is this class that like to continually highlight the differences.
Yes we are all the same - am not sure re rest of what you say as you seem to write in an 'us and them' sort of way and i don't really think like that. I meet people from all walks of life and I tend to categorise people as informed/not informed regardless - i know what you mean/are getting at but I think it is very stereotypical.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Impossible is Nothing.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

You lot :lol: are just not as insightful as little ol' me :wink: who grew up in the gutter and now lives in the upper end of what most would call privilige. That is why I know Tory policies of responsibility and hard work are right!

Come on girlies, and guys, shoot me down! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Viscount Trenchard (Standon Lordship Manor) - Armed Forces Minister
Lord Montagu of Beaulieu (Beaulieu) - Minister of Transport
Duke of Montrose (Auchmar Estate) - Scottish Affairs Minister
Earl of Arran - Deputy
Lord Attlee - Minister without Portfolio (just to rub it in :D )
Loopy
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now