The Perfect Tory Cabinet (Labourites not welcome) ;)

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I hate Letwin....
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yeah he'd be quite amusing to invite around for a drink
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Cats12 wrote:I honestly don't think people have voted for the old aristocratic priveleged toffs to return - we all know the type
Agree with you here Cats, I will be sad to see them return and if they do they should say BYE to my vote for good.
Cats12 wrote:I like most of cameron's potential cabinet - but not ken clarke. Not all are new faces but many are new thinkers
And agree with the above too :idea:
So its not just me who voted for the new tory and then trying to bring those aristoctrats back will just suck :cry: Thats why I never voted for Tories before so I hope they will be mindful that they can lose some support if they try and go to their old ways. Hard core Tories will stick with them but those they have picked along the way which is really what matters dont want those aristoctrats, they should stay firmly where they are.
Impossible is Nothing.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Scratch below the surface and you'll find most cabinets are made up of the priviliged! :roll:
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:Scratch below the surface and you'll find most cabinets are made up of the priviliged! :roll:
yes that's true - i've no problem with privilege - cameron a case in point - it is the superior, snobby, ill-informed attitude that can sometimes goes with 'the privileged'. Doesn't bother me if someone went to eton or the local sink school as long as they're fair and open-minded, informed and don't buy duck houses for their moats :lol:
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

But at least they try and pretend to be normal unlike the old aristoctats who dont even bother trying to pretend to be like one of us. I know its those little things that count, I remember seeing Cameroon's ITV interview and see that he actually lives in a modern house. Yes that may sound petty but it got me interested and yes I know he can afford a palace but the point is he tries to live like a normal person.
Impossible is Nothing.
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

sherry_d wrote: I remember seeing Cameroon's ITV interview and see that he actually lives in a modern house. Yes that may sound petty but it got me interested and yes I know he can afford a palace but the point is he tries to live like a normal person.
hear hear

I'm sure the labourites would feel the same if 'old labour' started to rear its head - like old tory, old labour's still there, lurking, dreaming of yesteryear
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Prescott lives in a bigger house than most Tories but that's ok because working class should move up the ladder and show their wealth but Tories should move down the ladder or hide their wealth! :roll: Most politicians, including most of the Labour cabinet have never really lived in this so called "real world" and 12 of the Lib Cabinet were privately educated.

I really dislike judging a person from where they've come from - affluent or the very poor. It shows that society really has not grown or progressed, depressing really.

Before we moan about what a politicians background should be remember that our taxes are paying for the highly priviliged BBC Oxbridge graduates - the vast majority that went to private schools or grew up in affluent suburbs.

And if the largest section of society is not well educated but the politicians should reflect the largest group in society, do we want to be governed by a group made up of this? And before anyone gets huffy none of us fit into this category. I want to be governed by a well educated man or woman who is not spiteful or derogatory about the class of other people, whether they be poor or rich. I have rarely heard derogatory comments about any section of society from DC but I have heard plenty from Labour. A party functioning on bitter and vengeful ideals is no party at all.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

We dont see much of Prescott now and I am sure thats why 8)

I dont have problems with how much wealth they have or where they were educated. If anything I really dont think politicians should be too poor as they can easily abuse the powers they have and corruption would be much worse. What I hate is ignorant politicians who simply do not even try and pretend to understand how we live.
Impossible is Nothing.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Oh dear - your Cabinet isn't coming along very well is it Tipsy ..... :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now