Hold another election?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Should there be another election if an unelected Labour PM is in charge?

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes: 36

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SSM

Post by SSM »

We were all happy to have Wales and Scotland as part of Great Britain when the coal mines and oil rigs were nationalised.
mad?

Post by mad? »

SSM wrote:We were all happy to have Wales and Scotland as part of Great Britain when the coal mines and oil rigs were nationalised.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
mad?
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

Tolstoy wrote:
Yes, in other words Scotland and wales voted for labour and lib dem and england voted for tories, and labour and lib dem (therefore scotland and wales) get to choose (so it looks at the moment) the fate of england. Not fair by any stretch of the imagination.

Can I just point out that in the past Conservatives have governed Scotland and Wales when they would rather have had other parties and yes it is very annoying but you are never going to please everyone.
[/quote]
thing is england does not have its own assembly - it allows scottish and welsh mps to have their say there (and NI). It isn't at all the same
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

SSM wrote:We were all happy to have Wales and Scotland as part of Great Britain when the coal mines and oil rigs were nationalised.
I'm still happy to have wales and scotland in the UK and have them have more £ per head than the english to pay for things we english can't have - but i do not want scotland and wales to decide on a political party for england and for themselves when we can't have our say - that's effectively the top and bottom of it - unless the Libdems choose tory.

There is also a markets perspective on all of this but i'll save that for another time
moved

Post by moved »

London is the only net giver in the UK. Everyone else takes.
guest201

Post by guest201 »

We were all happy to have Wales and Scotland as part of Great Britain when the coal mines and oil rigs were nationalised.
Maybe Scotland was also glad to be part of UK when somone had to invest time and money to get that oil out of the bottom of the North Sea. Had they not been part of the UK maybe that oil would still be at the bottom of the sea :wink: