School bags for Year 7

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Looking for help

Re: School bags for Year 7

Post by Looking for help »

hermanmunster wrote:oh yes a DD thing. Ds has been at GS for five years and had 2 bags (first one fell apart after 4 years). DD has been there 2 years and has had 4.... the previous 3 were, too big, too bulky and too pink.

Lol - our daughters could be yours, herman
mad?

Post by mad? »

Amber wrote:A black bin liner? If she's anything like my DD, by half term it will be so full of rubbish it might as well be a bin bag.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
mad?
zorro

Post by zorro »

Have just found brilliant website for schoolbags - www.hiccupgifts.com.
sp

Post by sp »

Are you sure it has to be black? I know the list says so but have you checked with an older child in the school? DD's schoolhad same "rule" re bags and only the "boffs" comply. This meant a new bag after a week or so!! I think we actually used an old bag for first 2 days and she had a chance to suss out what was the right thing to buy.
Current bag is green "leather" from Monsoon which DD bought herself with Christmas voucher and her own money! Apparently it is going on holiday with us!
Seriously, it is doing well and I would probably do same again.
Ally

Post by Ally »

DS has had 2 bags during last four years at Junior School, both from Animal and big enough for an A4 file. I need to check the school rule about bags, but current bag still looking good and not worn along the bottom, so planning on him using it for first month or so until we suss out the bag he wants/suitable
katel

Post by katel »

DON"T SPEND A LOT OF MONEY ON A BAG BEFORE SHE STARTS!

Sorry for shouting but it's really important! Whatever you buy will be wrong and she will refuse to use it within a week or two. Buy a cheap bag she doesn't hate too much for the firts few weeks, then go and buy a better one once she knows what's what!
zorro

Post by zorro »

Same applies for boys! Bought DS a lovely Nike rucksack which he was perfectly happy with. After 2 weeks he realised all the cool boys had messenger type bags, so then had to buy Converse bag which has lasted nearly 2 years.
Has now chosen Quiksilver messenger bag from the website I suggested yesterday.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Oh, I can't agree more about holding back with the bag.

I was lucky, my dd went a whole term before whingeing about having 'the right one'.

Our school rule is black, no logos, nothing. I thought we were being daring getting the clippy bag (with 8 pockets on the flap, you can decorate in anyway - we chose to decorate in black with pink accessories, I know, pretty radical!! :lol: :lol: ) - now, dd's bag is bright blue with white spots, everyone takes literally what they like!

By all means get a really cheap black bag, but you'll soon be replacing it - and don't think your dc won't want another, your child will change into a 'teenager' overnight :shock: :shock: and will not be the same person you lovingly sent off on their first day of secondary schooling :cry: :cry: , the earlier you accept it, the easier it will be for you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
zorro

Post by zorro »

I second that!!!!
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Charl39 wrote:...Anyone else started looking yet?
Oh Yes!!! :roll:

I've been told by my DD that a rucksack is not cool and wants a bag style bag :?: I took a quick peek at what the other girls from her new school were carrying around when I collected her on the induction day - not sure if it helped as there was a real mix of styles :? !!! I explained this to my DD who just gave me a shrug!!! :roll:

It definitely is a girl thing, my two DSs don't really care as long as the bags are big enough to carry their 'stuff in' !!!
Heartmum x x x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now