Tech Advice Please

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
cinnamon

Re: Tech Advice Please

Post by cinnamon »

doodles, don't know whether you've got somewhere in mind to buy the Nano itself from but I got my girls theirs online from the Apple shop as they engrave them free - quite a challenge fitting an apt message onto the younger one's Shuffle but, apart from anything else, I thought it good to have their names on them.
SSM

Post by SSM »

One word of warning about getting them engraved. We had our DSs Nanos engraved with name and phone number (thought it would make them more secure) but when they upgraded to iPod Touches, we had trouble selling the second hand Nanos, due to the engraving.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Both dcs use their ipods all the time. Both have cheap docking stations from tesco which also have radio on. Not been a problem. Would all love ipads. But what i really want is an iphone!
Milla

Post by Milla »

the texting is rubbish on an iPhone, NKM, I'm really disappointed by it. It has great auto correct if you spell something wrong but since it's so jolly clever I wish it would auto-suggest a range of possible words to finish rather than let you get to handkerchie and then suggest "handkerchief." Also to select a change, you just keep on inputting and this is confusing since one is used to having to select a change so often you press the space bar and find you've had to commit to the wrong word and then go back. It really is complete rubbish unless, I suppose, you can't spell when it's probably great.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

the texting is rubbish on an iPhone
It swear it does it furtively! It's only after you've sent the message that you realise it's absolute gibberish! :twisted:
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

I have been looking for a docking station or preferably docking radio alarm clock for DD2's Ipod touch and P*4Y had a good selection, with reviews as well
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now