Shakespear

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KS10

Re: Shakespear

Post by KS10 »

Last Christmas we saw a 'medley' of Shakespeare's plays at the Globe and the kids loved it even though it was wet and freezing and the seats were uncomfortable. It was called 'A Footsbarn's Christmas Cracker' I think.
moved

Post by moved »

A good audio CD is very worthwhile. DC thoroughly enjoyed A Merchant of Venice in this way when they were 9/10ish.
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

I am planning to listen to the play with ds1 alongside reading, I love the ideas you have been giving me and feel sure that we will try these. Thank you.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
londoner

Post by londoner »

The graphic novel books which are published by Classical Comics are great too. They come in the original text i.e. full wording from the play, as well as in plain text and quick text. In plain text they use a slightly easier language but include all the most important quotes etc. My children loved them and it really inspired them to want to go and see the plays.
If you look on sites like amazon you ca actually see examples of how the text is different across the three formats e.g. search for Macbeth the Graphic Novel
Milla

Post by Milla »

bookpeople do some shortenings (condensed - useful for school to know what's going on) - 16, I think, for a tenner. Lovely illustrations by that Quentin Blake - alike Tony Ross is it
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now