Teenagers Getting Up

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scary mum

Re: Teenagers Getting Up

Post by scary mum »

I can cope with a 9.30-10 ish getting up time, which is what dd misdoing, but what I can't cope with is that it then seems to take until lunchtime to have breakfast, get dressed etc etc. It doesn't really matter as it is the holidays, but somehow we all seem to end up waiting around for her unless I nag big time :twisted:

Tomorrow we are seeing friends andi find myself hoping they will suggest the afternoon...

They do say teenagers' brains are wired to stay up late and get up late in the morning. Who are we humble mums to argue with nature :lol: ?
scary mum
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

scary mum wrote:I can cope with a 9.30-10 ish getting up time, which is what dd misdoing, but what I can't cope with is that it then seems to take until lunchtime to have breakfast, get dressed etc etc. It doesn't really matter as it is the holidays, but somehow we all seem to end up waiting around for her unless I nag big time :twisted:

Tomorrow we are seeing friends andi find myself hoping they will suggest the afternoon...

They do say teenagers' brains are wired to stay up late and get up late in the morning. Who are we humble mums to argue with nature :lol: ?
I totally sympathise! :)
zorro

Post by zorro »

Me too! My DS's (age 14) average getting up time is 11.30 with a lot of nagging!
Usually he is still going strong at 11.30 -12MN, especially as he has just saved up for and bought a new iPad!! :roll: :roll:
I am not bothered though unless we have to be somewhere for an appointment as during term time he is up at 06.30 and doesn't come home until 6.30 pm. So I think he deserves a bit of a lie in!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I'm sooo envious of you lot ! What age do they start wanting to ferment in their bed rather then getting up at the crack of dawn ? I would love to lie in until 9.30 but if I don't get up when DD and DS2 do...I come downstairs to find a human pyramid in the kitchen and biscuit crumbs everywhere ........... :evil:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Don't worry DC3 still gets up at 7!!
scary mum