good luck to all

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
NEED TO PASS

Post by NEED TO PASS »

thankyou all of you . i have to say i am not always very strong. i spent all day today crying on and off. im not sure if it is utter exhaustion from the events and sleepless nights, the thought of yet many more months until i get an answer,, or that i have now just written my appeal and it is ready to send ,,yes after agonizing about the things i should incude or not include. making sure i dont seem to be a pushy mum, i have finished it . there were so many things i wanted to say ,
do you know if my daughter had a place at a decent comp, maybe i would give up. as it is i have nothing to lose , no grammer place and no comp place .it all seems such a long process
i am now wishing my life away in the hope that the appeal will be soon and it will all be over
its a shame i couldnt afford an independent school, i wish i had thought of moving earlier into a different catchment area
never mind these things are sent to test us, maybe i ll look back in a year and laugh.....you never know
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

i have to say i am not always very strong
You are very brave,to take this on. I have found it such a long wait for March 2nd and it is just exhausting to go thru more months of waiting.
Many are still here supporting you in spirit,please don't feel you are alone.

You will get there!
Rosey

Post by Rosey »

NEED TO PASS wrote:thankyou all of you . i have to say i am not always very strong. i spent all day today crying on and off. im not sure if it is utter exhaustion from the events and sleepless nights, the thought of yet many more months until i get an answer,, or that i have now just written my appeal and it is ready to send ,,yes after agonizing about the things i should incude or not include. making sure i dont seem to be a pushy mum, i have finished it . there were so many things i wanted to say ,
do you know if my daughter had a place at a decent comp, maybe i would give up. as it is i have nothing to lose , no grammer place and no comp place .it all seems such a long process
i am now wishing my life away in the hope that the appeal will be soon and it will all be over
its a shame i couldnt afford an independent school, i wish i had thought of moving earlier into a different catchment area
never mind these things are sent to test us, maybe i ll look back in a year and laugh.....you never know
You are a truly remarkable person. Your daughter is blessed having you as her parent. I do not know if I could be as strong as you, ( and you are strong!), if my son did not get his reasonable comp.

Like LBSWM I believe you will get there, we are behind you 100%
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

And that, in a nutshell, is what you - Rosey - and all the parents from the infamous "March 2nd thread" can bring to the Forum.

Stalwarts like myself and Etienne do get tired with trying to empathise with new parents, as much as we feel for their situation. We will always offer practical advice, but emotional support is hard to do, year after year.

Please stay around - and hey, I'm so glad you registered before I stole your name!

Sally-Anne
Tired Mum

Re: good luck to all

Post by Tired Mum »

Hi Need to Pass,

need to pass wrote:im just about to embark on the huge exhausting task of my daughters appeal. i have gathered evidence , spoken to teachers, written notes, bullet points ,searched the web for ideas ,cried a thousand tears and all this in 4 days since the results.
it gives me great comfort that i have found this website, to share the ups and downs with. i know there are many more of us appeal mums and dads out there, who were so close, but just not close enough. it breaks all our hearts, when we feel we have failed them, our precious children.
at the moment it feels like there is a cloud over us, the task of appeal seems so daunting, just remember that ,you can do it, if you can bring a pure bundle of joy into this world, protect them,love them and teach them, i am sure without a doubt that you can put together an appeal that shows just how clever and talented your child is , after all they learnt from the best....you
good luck to each and everyone of you.....
I feel I am in the same boat as you. Keep strong, you know that you have to fight, no matter how much it takes out of you - that's a Mum's job. Keep posting so that we know how you are doing and can offer you as much cyber support. You have already met two of my greatest cyber pals (Dear LBSWM and Dear Rosey) who have really helped my through the last few weeks and more importantly the last 5 days - which have at times been ****. There are a good few others who will check up on you as you have seen already.
i am not always very strong. i spent all day today crying on and off
You don't have to be strong all the time and it is ok to cry... so long as you are still there fighting. :) :) :) :)

When you are up to it join us in the real parallel world on the 2nd March thread!
HP

Post by HP »

Tired Mum and Need to Pass,

Battling for your children is the hardest job on earth.

Remember being strong isn't about not crying, (I've cried plenty over the years for my Son who has SEN) but its about picking up after that cry and carrying on... and you are both truly inspirational in your devotion and resolve.

Your children have wonderful Mum's.... :)

HP
NEED TO PASS

Post by NEED TO PASS »

well my journey is nearly at an end. i waited for what seems like forever, and the appeal has now been and gone this week. i now have the long awaited task of waiting for the results.
a bit like de ja vu .....i seem to have been here before
i have prepared for months about what it would be like , and then we just did our best on the day.
then i worried after and went over and over again the questions, wondering the relevance and could i have answered them better , trying to get some indication of which way it had gone. will i get a letter to say i had been successful or not.
i am so exhausted from all the worry , i just pray and hope that i will get good news.
i have 10 days to wait and counting [/img]
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Hi Need to Pass..

I have been there too, the constant sickly feeling is awful.

I came home and dissected everything, their questions, my answers, should I have said this, done that, you could go on forever.

The point is you have done your best and no matter what the outcome is you have to remember that.

I have everything crossed for you.. When do you find out?

If you want some company Rehab is always open, it kept me going..

Good luck..

AM
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

NEED TO PASS wrote:well my journey is nearly at an end. i waited for what seems like forever, and the appeal has now been and gone this week. i now have the long awaited task of waiting for the results.
a bit like de ja vu .....i seem to have been here before
i have prepared for months about what it would be like , and then we just did our best on the day.
then i worried after and went over and over again the questions, wondering the relevance and could i have answered them better , trying to get some indication of which way it had gone. will i get a letter to say i had been successful or not.
i am so exhausted from all the worry , i just pray and hope that i will get good news.
i have 10 days to wait and counting [/img]
Dear NEEDTOPASS

Please take comfort in the fact that there are many people who have gone through this experience (I include myself) and somehow, regardless of the outcome, we have survived.

Please, please, from personal experience, keep busy and make time for yourself. I, and many others have gone into a horrible decline just waiting for the letter. It is Just Not Worth It!

Take care of yourself - and do it NOW!

Saly-Anne
need to pass

she made it

Post by need to pass »

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
she made it
oh my god i am so thrilled we got our letter this morning and my daughter has her grammar place
i just cant believe we have come through all this and with the result we wanted
i just wanted to say to everyone , thankyou so much for all their advise and help. i do believe it helped me put together a great appeal.

to everyone else who is waiting let this be an inspiration, on march 02 i opened my letter to not just a non pass in the 11 plus, but also none of my high schools listed. we infact got the worse high school ever, that we had not even considered. then the battle began, not just a grammar appeal but also the high school appeals, and waiting lists.

this morning i had secured a fantastic high school place and now a top grammar school place. if you truelly believe that they should be at grammar, fight and do beyond your best . i know that some of us are not as fortunate as i have been today,but put together the best appeal possible, get letters from teachers ,from clubs,gather certificates, awards and anything that will show your child in their true form and capable of grammar school.
it has been a truely exhausting journey, and had i not been successful i would still have fought for the 12 plus.
i wish everyone the very best of luck i really do,
thankyou all so much for everything
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now