Embarassing Your Teenage Children

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scarlett

Re: Embarassing Your Teenage Children

Post by scarlett »

I don't have those problems, Mystery....I've always told mine I'm in my 20's and it's only now that DS1 is questioning the maths.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Honesty is clearly my downfall. But, in case I have misled you, I am not old enough for an Age Concern meeting, just yet. :roll:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Just the Womens Institute , then. :P
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I asked my mum if she trained with Florence Nightingale :lol:
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Actually, my DD did ask me once what The Great Fire of London was like...but I like to think she was just mixed up with the dates.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

We walked past an Age Concern meeting at the Leisure Centre the other day and my daughter (not yet teenage by a long chalk so I have worse to come) asked why her swimming teacher (who is younger than me) wasn't at it.
I am fairly old but clearly have the mentality of a teenager. I had to read this several times before I understood what mystery was saying. I was wondering why mystery's daughter was interested in her swimming teacher's s*x life.
Doblinski

Post by Doblinski »

I was soooo embarrassed when my Mum attended parents evening at my secondary school on her way out for the evening. She wore a pencil skirt with enormous split, stockings with seam up the back, 6 inch peeptoes and worst of all - a see though black top that showed her lacy bra.

I tried to act as if I didn't know who this woman was and was clearly surprised when I found her sitting next to me talking as if she knew who I was!! Really wanted a Mum in long A line, nice cardy and pearls!
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

KS10 wrote:
We walked past an Age Concern meeting at the Leisure Centre the other day and my daughter (not yet teenage by a long chalk so I have worse to come) asked why her swimming teacher (who is younger than me) wasn't at it.
I am fairly old but clearly have the mentality of a teenager. I had to read this several times before I understood what mystery was saying. I was wondering why mystery's daughter was interested in her swimming teacher's s*x life.
What were you thinking went on at those Age Concern meetings, KS10? :shock:

Maybe we've all got more to look forward to in old age than we realised. :D
KS10

Post by KS10 »

It was the phrase 'at it'. A friend emailed me a spoof exam paper recently with that expression in it so it must have been somewhere at the back of my silly little mind.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Mmm... no use making excuses now, KS10...you have lowered the tone of the thread...no the whole forum. :P
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now