Teenage Boys

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
doodles

Re: Teenage Boys

Post by doodles »

Beginning to feel a whole lot better. I too remember wanting to be left alone to read my book (no electronic gadgets back then) and being "shown off" to relatives.

Not so bothered about DS being in his room, it's a smallish house so he's not that far away :lol: but it's the sudden inability to do anything to help, for instance he used to come out to the car and help carry in the shopping without being asked, now if I ask him to lay the table or pick up his abandoned socks (because we honestly don't want to sit there looking at them all evening) I am the most evil person on the planet who is always getting at him :shock:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I get that as well plus rolling eyes .He's even worse if I ask him to do something that he feels his siblings should be doing. The other day he fed and watered his hamster and left the other 4 to dehydrate into a crisp . I do try to remind him that I do lots for him , which doesn't benefit me and which I could stop doing ...he does say he knows, it's just he's rather in his own little bubble at the moment. We're all a team ! I say, whilst he looks at me aghast :lol:
doodles

Post by doodles »

scarlett wrote:I get that as well plus rolling eyes .He's even worse if I ask him to do something that he feels his siblings should be doing. The other day he fed and watered his hamster and left the other 4 to dehydrate into a crisp . I do try to remind him that I do lots for him , which doesn't benefit me and which I could stop doing ...he does say he knows, it's just he's rather in his own little bubble at the moment. We're all a team ! I say, whilst he looks at me aghast :lol:

Apart from the hamsters, are you sure you don't live in my house Scarlett :lol:
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

scarlett wrote:I wish I had my own bedroom sometimes ...I also get that urge to get away from everyone ...not sure what the neighbours think...but sometimes I do sit in my car with a glass of wine. :P
Oh that is such a funny thing to do, I might just do it one day :D
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

:lol: :lol:

I love the idea of that too Scarlett!

Phew! It seems our DCs are normal after all. Mine all like having time in their bedrooms. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Did we all grow up in the same house? I too remember being told to come downstairs and to be sociable, when all I wanted to do was have a bit of time to myself, listen to my records and read.

We will all sit and laugh one day if our DCs become parents. Hopefully they will all be confronted my a mini them. :twisted: :lol:
mystery

Post by mystery »

Gosh, I feel like you are all describing my DH, as well as my daughters. I need a glass of wine in the car too, but I'd never thought of that. Sometimes I take a chair down the garden and sit by the compost heap out of sight but it's too cold this year.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Oops - car + wine sounds so much better, and just as an aside, at least the boys go and sit in their bedrooms, with the girls, they tend to slam doors and generally disrupt things a little more.
Tip - make sure you can slam doors louder, that generally scares them into submission :D
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

I love you all. I am just happy if they stay in their rooms as then they cannot argue.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

neurotic kent mum wrote:I love you all.
Mmm ... one glass too many , NK Mum ? :shock:
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Never! :)