Y7 Lost Property

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scarlett

Re: Y7 Lost Property

Post by scarlett »

.........because they are in someone else's bag. Since I told DS to rummage through other peoples piles of clothes ...he hasn't lost a single thing.
doodles

Post by doodles »

I now buy the large print name tapes and stitch them on the outside of games kit - nobody else wants to wear it!

Most certainly a DH gene in this house, he can lose things he is carrying whilst walking up or down the stairs and don't get me started on when he takes his bike apart - I've even given him one of my nice plastic boxes with clip on lid for little parts but guess what.........

Scarlett, if you are on this thread too I am just off to find the dining room floor!!!! promise..
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

No you're not !! You're off to have a last look on the Kent part :)

My DH thinks the fruit bowl is for storing bits and bobs . :evil:
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Another DH who surpasses the DCs with the amount of stuff lost including countless umbrellas, gloves and, once, a suitcase with a very nice suit in it after a wedding we'd been to - all left on the train.

As to where all this stuff ends up - I'm sure it's the same place all the hairbands, pens and odd socks go to. There must be a parallel universe somewhere full of "stuff" that has passed through some portal somewhere :lol:
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Just a pair of rugby shorts so far. In his class, one and a half pairs of rugby boots, pair of shin pads, pair of rugby socks.

Last year, my then y10 daughter lost 3 blouses.
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Day 6 and my DS comes home with his size 4 shoe on and another size6.5 shoe on other foot...........
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

neveragain* wrote:Day 6 and my DS comes home with his size 4 shoe on and another size6.5 shoe on other foot...........
:shock: :lol:

That definitely takes the prize for today! Hope he manages to swap it back.

Also worth pondering that there's another mum somewhere sympathizing with a son who's come home from school nursing a really sore foot because one of his shoes is pinching like mad...
Marylou
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Hilarious! although DS was worried bless him! :?
It was earlier in the week! The funny thing was the next day he realised it was his new best friend who had one small shoe on as well as his own. They even looked different style wise.....however this other lad had to be convinced by my DS asking him to take it off and then look at our name tag! He then admitted that his shoe had felt tight that morning but that his mum had said "don't be ridiculous you've only had them a week!" :lol:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

neveragain* wrote:He then admitted that his shoe had felt tight that morning but that his mum had said "don't be ridiculous you've only had them a week!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't think this one could get any better!
Marylou
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Just to add that it doesn't stop in Y8. Got a text from Miss 1880 on the train this afternoon asking to be picked up at the station because she has cookery on Fridays and had a heavy basket as well as usual clobber.

Duly collected from station 10 mins later to find she'd neglected to bring said basket off train with her...

mike