Facts of life ?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Belinda

Re: Facts of life ?

Post by Belinda »

Mine had an amusing take on it when little...
Knowing the mechanics they announced that I must have liked it to have done it four times :shock: but that the neighbour can't have done as she only had one child! :lol:
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Just to say that Living With a W_lly found absolutely no favour in our annoyingly well-informed household and was never even opened (it may or may not be any good, we'll never know): attitudes change in teenage years and what can be openly discussed in Y5-6 might not be in Y7-8-9 so it's probably best to get this done as soon as possible.

(Said the bloke who left all that to his wife.)
Amber

Post by Amber »

mike1880 wrote:Just to say that Living With a W_lly found absolutely no favour in our annoyingly well-informed household and was never even opened (it may or may not be any good, we'll never know): attitudes change in teenage years and what can be openly discussed in Y5-6 might not be in Y7-8-9 so it's probably best to get this done as soon as possible.

(Said the bloke who left all that to his wife.)
Just to put a word in here for getting someone (yes, it will end up being the woman) to try and talk about p orn...it is so freely available these days and they jolly well will look at it whether or not you think they do. They need to know that women don't really look like that, unless they have just sat in a bath full of hot wax; they don't react like that at the mere sight of a man with his kit off; and it might be nice to involve the woman in the process a little more than...all over her face (NB - I haven't watched this stuff, you understand, no, really - but have read some of the PHSE materials aimed at getting kids to think a bit more about it). Also worth mentioning to both boys and girls that most women taking part in online p orn don't want to be there, but need the money.

And finally - warn your boys about girls. Far worse these days imho than the boys, who can hardly believe their luck with what is readily on offer at parties, and aren't renowned for saying 'no'. I have had to deal with some very sorry aftermaths.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

The main thing which seemed to shock DS during a recent child birth video, was how amazingly hairy the woman was. Like a Neanderthal apparently.

Amber....As someone who has to look after teen girls who are admitted with intimate problems...I can safely say the look these days is plucked chicken. Hope your chickens aren't reading this. :shock:
Amber

Post by Amber »

Scarlett, I know. One girl was reluctant to sit down in my lesson last year. I was a little annoyed an said 'right, please sit down now' and she muttered 'I can't '. Transpired that she had gone for the full Brazilian or whatever and something had Gone Wrong. She had some kind of nasty rash which had 'gone septic'...the poor kid hadn't told her mother she was having it waxed because, quite reasonably, the mother 'wouldn't let me'.

It wasn't quite as bad as the lad who had had his tongue pierced, the better to, er, pleasure his 14 year old girlfriend. Said tongue had also 'gone septic' and I nearly had to leave the room at the sight of him drooling foul smelling pus everywhere.

Eta, I am not usually a fan of Caitlin Moran, but her personal campaign against what you call the 'plucked chicken look' for young girls (and not so young) is laudable I think.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Sounds like a normal day at the office for me.

Then of course, there are the ones who take a pair of scissors to their nether regions for a bit of um, plastic surgery. :shock:
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Amber wrote:
scarlett wrote:Might need to get DH to talk things over with DS2 now. He's started prancing around the house in my brassieres. :shock:
DS or DH?
:lol:

Oh how I also wish this was on rehab.

I had a discussion with my three DSs just before they learnt about these things in School at the beginning of year six. It was a bit embarrassing but we did end up laughing each time. Then DH had a chat with them to make sure they knew they could speak to him with any questions or concerns. Mine have all known about periods since they were very small and just accepted that they are a normal bodily function that women experience.
loo1965

Post by loo1965 »

Thanks for all your replies and amusing stories :lol:
I think I'm going to sit down with him this weekend and have a two way discussion :shock: Dh can then back up at a later date in case he has any further questions. I'm quite happy that he is already aware of respect for girls etc.....he is mature for his age and has a few friends that are girls. It's the mechanics of s -x that I'm not sure he is aware of :roll: although he may surprise me
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I've had the discussion (although that does rather imply communication both ways) with DS, but now it's limited to, "I think you need to wear a longer top over those pyjamas." I did, however, prompted by this thread, tell him that we needed to have a chat just to clear up any misunderstandings. I wouldn't say that he looked thrilled at the prospect.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now