Wimbledon 2013

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sally-Anne

Re: Wimbledon 2013

Post by Sally-Anne »

yoyo123 wrote::D :D :D

This must be the first time in my 126 years that I have actually watched Wimbledon!
I have been watching Wimbledon since the age of 7 (there's another one for you, G55). That may only be 14 years of course, but I really didn't think I would ever see a Brit win.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

There are many multiples of 7 it could be ... since you were 7.

:lol:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Just x3, dearest G55, x3.

My seven times table never was very secure, so I can only manage to get up to 21. :wink:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Hahaha! I remember hearing the Virginia Wade match, or at least the outcome of it on the school bus. I was, of course, sent off on the bus at a very young age :D
scary mum
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

We were allowed to watch Wade's win as English teacher was a big tennis fan and he took us into the staffroom to watch on a small portable telly! Of course her triumph was really all about beating Chrissie Evert in the semi, she was never going to lose to Betty Stove :D

I'm pleased for Murray as I think his talent warrants more than 1 Grand Slam, though a shame that Djokovic's poor form meant we didn't get a classic like last year's US Open which kept me watching til the early hours!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

scary mum wrote:Hahaha! I remember hearing the Virginia Wade match, or at least the outcome of it on the school bus. I was, of course, sent off on the bus at a very young age :D

ha ha - going to confess now that the class teacher at school was late back after afternoon break and we were having a fairly riotous time.... when she appeared it was with the news that Ann Jones had just won Wimbledon!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

hermanmunster wrote:ha ha - going to confess now that the class teacher at school was late back after afternoon break and we were having a fairly riotous time.... when she appeared it was with the news that Ann Jones had just won Wimbledon!
Drat! I knew there was a hole in my maths somewhere. :oops:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now