Help with choosing new car

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Snowdrops

Re: Help with choosing new car

Post by Snowdrops »

We have an Alpha Romeo 159 (think baddies'car in James Bond film) we absolutely love it, so much so we are refusing to buy another new car as this model is no longer being made, until they bring out something comparable. Yes, they have those Mito's which are nice enough but are teeny compared to what we have. We had the Alpha 156 prior to this one and loved that to.

We've also had a Passat (very nice) a Mondeo (work horse, but did the job) and a Mazda MX3 which was absolutely gorgeous and we loved it, but was no good to a heavily pregnant lady. This model was also withdrawn from the production line. I'm beginning to get a persecution complex here - any car we REALLY love they stop making :lol:

We shall need to get a new car soon but really can't find anything we like. Personally I'd be happy to go with a horse and cart, we just don't have the garden for it though, but think how great the roses would be :D
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Alfa household here too.
159 and a mito.
Previously had 156 and 147.

Also waiting for the Gulia (?) to come out.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

A sensible colour is important too. :lol: Mine's a nice deep red, Land Rover Alveston Red.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Tinkers wrote:Alfa household here too.
159 and a mito.
Previously had 156 and 147.

Also waiting for the Gulia (?) to come out.
Yes, that's what we're waiting on! It was supposed to come out about 18 months or so ago, but they took it back to the drawing board :shock: They'd better hurry up, we're getting very impatient.

Black, because it HAS to be :D
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I had an alfa that spent more time in the garage than it did on the road. Fortunately it was in the good old days when I had a company car so it didn't really matter. It was nice to drive though :)
scary mum
Amber

Post by Amber »

talea51 wrote:
stevew61 wrote:Re: Help with choosing new car?

Ah wrong question, the correct question is which Land Rover. Remember a Land Rover is for life, the other vehicle is my crumple zone and reliability counts for nowt it is all about longevity. Your Land Rover will entertain you for years with its amazing service costs. :D
Hmmm, not a fan of the Land Rover. :shock: :shock: Does that make me a heretic? :lol:
I think it probably makes you someone with fewer than three teenage children?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

scary mum wrote:I had an alfa that spent more time in the garage than it did on the road. Fortunately it was in the good old days when I had a company car so it didn't really matter. It was nice to drive though :)

And that would be in the bad old days, a few years ago when some of them could be a bit dodgy. They're not now.

I was just fondly reminiscing with my husband the other day about when cars used to be rust buckets (and my ex and I certainly had one or two in our youth) but you don't really see rusty cars these days. Aaaaah, those were the days :lol:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

We have far less issues with Alfas than any of our colleagues with German cars.

156 and 159 are red. Alfa red. They just had to be.

My mito isn't red , I went for yellow.

Probably the only yellow mito in a wide area. So if you see one in Reading it is probably me.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Don't come near me in your "yellow Carr" if I don't shout out first I get thumped!
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

southbucks3 wrote:Don't come near me in your "yellow Carr" if I don't shout out first I get thumped!
My kids play a version with minis, a yellow mini convertible is top trumps and three thumps.