Ramadan Mubarek

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sbarnes

Re: Ramadan Mubarek

Post by sbarnes »

It's important to remember that the holy month of Ramadan will be over the summer months for the next several years. It is important for us Muslims to make the right decisions for our children concerning this month.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

sbarnes wrote:It's important to remember that the holy month of Ramadan will be over the summer months for the next several years. It is important for us Muslims to make the right decisions for our children concerning this month.
Exactly; children and schools should be properly informed about what the fasting children can do and what sensible precautions needs to be taken.
Amber

Post by Amber »

tiffinboys wrote:
sbarnes wrote:It's important to remember that the holy month of Ramadan will be over the summer months for the next several years. It is important for us Muslims to make the right decisions for our children concerning this month.
Exactly; children and schools should be properly informed about what the fasting children can do and what sensible precautions needs to be taken.
It is also important that non-Muslims should feel comfortable with asking questions around the issues which arise, given that we all want the best for each other, and especially for young people who may be in our care.
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

I also encourage non Muslims to fast for one day if they want. Just to experience a fast and get an understanding. Just a thought.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Some Christians do fast in Lent or on a special feast days.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes, but it usually does not preclude drinking water whereas Ramadan does for a child beyond puberty?
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

In my 50yrs living in UK I have not come across one person fasting during Lent. I think the church does not advocate fasting for lent I was told once, is this right?
magwich2

Post by magwich2 »

I think maybe there are a LOT of bigger issues to worry about in the world at the moment than who has had a drop too much Evian water.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I suspect there are people fasting during Lent, they just don't feel the need to discuss it on the internet or collect Pharisee points
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

hermanmunster wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:I suspect there are people fasting during Lent, they just don't feel the need to discuss it on the internet or collect Pharisee points
definitely....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now