So so dull!! But......keeping shirts white!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
southbucks3

Re: So so dull!! But......keeping shirts white!

Post by southbucks3 »

Yamin, they don't have electric hook ups at glasto and the toilet facilities may not be up to scratch! :lol:
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

southbucks3 wrote:Yamin, they don't have electric hook ups at glasto and the toilet facilities may not be up to scratch! :lol:

I'll just HAVE to go VIP!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Goodness, I go off line for a day & find that my virtual friends have been discussing washing! OK, queen of white here too. M&S white polycotton (some all cotton, but a bit of a pain with ironing) shirts for DSs, changed every day. Cotton shirts for DH. Most sheets are white cotton (can't bear polycotton sheets/duvet covers), so plenty to wash as whites. Never, ever washed with other colours, done at 40deg with a scoope of own label whitener. Everything stays beautifully white.

Linen trousers here too - what would we do without navy linen? And Amber, Breton tops are fine :)
scary mum
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I love linen trousers, don't do crops though, as they make me look even more like an oompa loompa than usual.

Came home today and had to fight back the hyperventilation as Mr Yoyo had washed very light khaki shirt and cream fleece in with my white linen shirts...and breathe.....

I was forced to have a glass of white(!) wine to recover.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... ket+whites" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A thread about keeping cricket whites white.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

OK, mothers of a certain age who wear linen, you might be able to help me in my quest. I am after a linen, blazer style jacket (but relaxed rather than business attire) in navy - suitable for wearing with jeans, linen trousers, etc etc. I spent some time last summer searching at Bicester and only found a more formal one, which I did buy, but it's really not what I was looking for, although I do wear it for work sometimes. I hate shopping & am really rather poor at it, so I appeal to the EPE collective to help me in my search :D
scary mum
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Any good? A fab reduction!

http://www.jigsaw-online.com/products/i ... pGbBfD_BwE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Hmm, almost perfect - would prefer slightly longer, although I suspect shorter is better when one is a little short and dumpy! Thank you.

Bother - only available in a 10 or 12, and it was pre DS2 when I was last that size.
scary mum
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

That's a shame.......do hope you find something. I just googled 'women's navy linen jacket' and clicked on images.
marigold

Post by marigold »

Scary,
I got a nice relaxed one from La Redoute last year. Some nice linen mix shifts in Tesco at the moment, sadly only the salmon pink ones reduced but also do navy/black /white.

Yours,
Another saggy linen wearing mother.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now