Teenagers!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Minesatea

Re: Teenagers!

Post by Minesatea »

Moody! Understatement. Its also that tone of voice when you ask them something :x

Luckily both of my teens are hiking around the peak district this weekend, so the house is peaceful with just ds age 9 and myself at home. :D
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Ok...how about, you ask them to do something simple like pick the peel off disc from the top of the pint of milk they just necked up off the floor (I hate those things) and they look at you like you are mad and give you a three minute sermon on how you ruin their life. Their rowing coach, rugby coach, football coach, form teacher, asks them to run round a field collecting dog turds, or brush duck poo from a jetty, or peel blue tack off the ceiling and they queue up to help and thank the person afterwards in a small polite voice Perry style; "good evening Mr and Mrs Patterson." :evil:
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Might have some stories in the morning as DS2 and five other fourteen year olds are having a lack-of-sleep-over party. They have only been here for an hour and I find them loud and annoying but slightly amusing.

Oh and it's a mixed group, I've never had to police one of those before. :shock:

I dislike the teenage phrase 'l really need....' which means I'm expected to pay for....
copella

Post by copella »

Mine asked how to heat baked beans and when making a sandwich if you put butter on both sides of bread. Then got annoyed when I just walked away.

We have a floordrobe and bedrobe. The actual wardrobe is empty.

Brushing teeth takes half an hour, combing hair takes half an hour, getting out of the house to play/watch football with friends down to one minute.

The phone, iPad, whatever is now permanently attached and all form of speech has gone. We get grunts no matter what and have to decifer what each means. They get annoyed for some reason when we get it wrong.

They complain about doing any household chores but then expect us to drop whatever we are doing and ferry them around without complaint. I could go on.

We are so used to it, that now the power of speech is returning to the eldest we jump with surprise when words form.

Daogroupie tell us what yours are doing.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I have lost track of how many times I have posted this on the forum, so forgive me for the repetition, but if you haven't seen it before, it may well save your sanity ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXgoJ0f5EsQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
doodles

Post by doodles »

Until today I would have readily said stroppy, moody, petulant etc etc, but today he showed some real mettle. It is the final round of county Rugby selection on Monday for which he's trained really hard and "wants" with all his little soul but today he broke his wrist, not one tantrum, not one curse but resigned acceptance.

I'm proud (well for this evening anyway) :lol:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I reckon dg just started this thread as a means of basking in the glory of her perfect teens!

I just got a moment of evil, malicious, bad mummy thought, payback, purely and simply by looking at his spotty nose and inwardly laughing..ha ha ha....I bet they are nice and itchy too. :evil: (he had just cheated playing his ten year old bruv at conkers, he deserves the zits!)

Speedy recovery wishes sent your boys way doodles!
mad?

Post by mad? »

Been there Doodles, glass of wine and then some more ***
mad?
mad?

Post by mad? »

ooh sorry those asterisks are meant to be kisses *** ***
mad?
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

It's those times when you wonder if they actually have a brain as what comes out of their mouth is just barking.

Last week at Guides one of the older ones came out with a cracker. Next week we are travelling to London by train for the day and I was explaining about needing 2 packed meals, so she comes out with, "but surely we can stop at the services on the way back?"
This was after I had to try and persuade another one, same age, that we were not going to get blown up on the underground!

Tonight DS who turned 13 this week who also has a very large floordrobe, but has also be warned if clothes don't get put in the laundry basket they won't be washed, I am waiting for the day he runs out :lol: Has had a crying fit, telling me that the family is all split and not like it was before I was ill (3years ago) or daddy doing his dissertation (has to be in on the 30th). He doesn't think he has changed in any way just the grown ups and that things will be better after the 30th. I think it's all those hormones, he cries very easily at the drop of a hat.

Looked at going to see Tanya Bryon at the Literature Festival, but couldn't manage it. So instead I get to accompany DS to Marvel:75 years and DD to How to make a Doll workshop and How to write a Detective Story workshop.