Allergy to penicillin and erythromycin.. what next.

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SleepyHead

Re: Allergy to penicillin and erythromycin.. what next.

Post by SleepyHead »

Yes - I do think we use antibiotics very quickly - especially for our DCs. Also some GPs prescribe them a lot more readily. My one doesn't - so back to the famous salt water and lemsip and hopefully this one will clear on its own. I'm sure it's all down to the stress - I'm normally quite good at resisting whatever the DC bring home.

I was convinced I had a horrible bacterial infection :roll:
Amber

Post by Amber »

I am allergic to penicillin and erythromycin makes me sick, but I tend to avoid all medication I don't absolutely, indisputably need anyway as I think most of it makes me feel worse than the illness it's meant to cure. I reckon anything strong enough to make a nasty illness better is also strong enough to do unwanted things to you as well - no such thing as a magic bullet.

Hope you feel better soon, SleepyHead.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

SleepyHead wrote:Yes - I do think we use antibiotics very quickly - especially for our DCs. Also some GPs prescribe them a lot more readily. My one doesn't - so back to the famous salt water and lemsip and hopefully this one will clear on its own. I'm sure it's all down to the stress - I'm normally quite good at resisting whatever the DC bring home.

I was convinced I had a horrible bacterial infection :roll:
Stress certainly does not help - we are not very good at giving ourselves a bit of TLC and try to push on regardless. Hope you feel better soon and do get checked if you develop signs of a bacterial sore throat/ chest infection.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now