Christmas is coming... what should I get my 11+ year old?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KS10

Re: Christmas is coming... what should I get my 11+ year old

Post by KS10 »

OH and I want to go without the kids. I've been twice and he's been once. We're going again next Christmas but not by ourselves. I'm sure that will happen at some point. So yes to going without them.
KB

Post by KB »

Guess it depends how far afield you can go. If all the local schools take inset days together it doesn't help so much.

Will be interesting to see how much things change with freedom to alter holidays passing to schools.

Sorry, bit off subject!
KB

Post by KB »

Thanks KS10. Hoping might get all the grown up family together for a special day out. Will take some planning though!
KS10

Post by KS10 »

If you're keen on trying the butterbeer, take some plastic cups and straws. I love it, but many find it too sweet and at £3-£4 a cup, you don't want to waste your money unnecessarily. If you take extra cups/straws, you can all have a taste before buying more.
KB

Post by KB »

I think your family is more polite than mine :)
KS10

Post by KS10 »

No, we did it the expensive way. I liked the drink but the kids weren't so keen and they'd refused to share.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Lots of recipes for butterbeer on the internet....I looked it up as I hadn't a clue what you were on about.....haven't a clue about Harry potter.

I have just spent nearly a hundred quid on the full away kit of the local, frankly frustrating, football team and astro boots. I resented every penny, but I know it's what he really would like and we have been saying NO since September, so it will be a nice surprise. Eldest has got some expensive gym equipment, youngest still has fun things like airfix, plus a zookeeper experience day trip. Throw in some mind numbing play station games...fifa 15 and garden v zombies, three onesies (we have a cold house) and a branded garment each and my work is done. Pleased as most of the stuff is things other kids have been bought ad hoc, so mine have waited patiently and deserve their reward for the holidays.
Best charity shop for a pound find .....a copy of a glossy hardback called nature detectives, signed by David bellamy.... Not exactly Steve bachall to him, but he will love it and I adore David bellamy and my baby boy is the keenest nature detective I know.
KB

Post by KB »

Its a good job mine dont use this site!
Although one year I did splash out on a new console for them to share having realised their previous one was 12 years old & couldn't get games for it anymore! Trouble is a few years down the line & things have moved on again. Thankfully youngest doesn't seem that fussed so hopefully will get away with it until they,ve all left home.

Youngest is off to uni next year so has decided to defer presents until the summer. Still had a bit of fun with stockings though. Hope they find them as amusing as I did.....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now