What to watch ?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Re: What to watch ?

Post by doodles »

Stroller wrote:Episode 1 of Evelyn Waugh's Decline and Fall was hilarious.
It was so funny and a fantastic cast too. Something that we all watched together and that's becoming an increasing rarity :(
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Child of our Time is back on tonight. 9pm BBC1.

The children are now 16 and apparently are drinking less, smoking less and having less s*x than their parents' generation... I bet they have more screen time though!
salsa

Post by salsa »

Blitz wrote:Child of our Time is back on tonight. 9pm BBC1.

The children are now 16 and apparently are drinking less, smoking less and having less s*x than their parents' generation... I bet they have more screen time though!
No doubt! I used to be fascinated by this program. I am not so sure how ethical it is to have such a detailed insight into the children's lives, though.
piggys

Post by piggys »

Blitz wrote:

The children are now 16 and apparently are drinking less, smoking less and having less s*x than their parents' generation...

Just as well :lol:

Is anyone watching Line of Duty? The 1st and 3rd series were sheer brilliance IMO. I'm not sure about this series although the dialogue/acting is razor sharp as usual.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Yes, I'm watching it and enjoying it.
Salsa
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

doodles wrote:
Stroller wrote:Episode 1 of Evelyn Waugh's Decline and Fall was hilarious.
It was so funny and a fantastic cast too. Something that we all watched together and that's becoming an increasing rarity :(
Excellent.Loved the first two episodes on BBC i player.Thank you for the recommendations Doodles,Stroller and Toadmum.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
copella

Post by copella »

Not too keen on decline and fall, not as funny as I had hoped but the Line of Duty, wow. Last night's episode was great, one week is too long to wait to find out what happened.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

copella wrote:Not too keen on decline and fall, not as funny as I had hoped but the Line of Duty, wow. Last night's episode was great, one week is too long to wait to find out what happened.
:( Poor Steve. He's a gonner.
Animis opibusque parati
copella

Post by copella »

I know but desperately hoping I'm wrong. So many twists and turns. I can just about hold onto the plot! The hour whizzes by.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Did anyone watch Big Little lies? Sky Atlantic, still on catch up. I loved it!
I saw an interview with Nicole Kidman where she said that all the women created the project as they were fed up with the roles they were getting. Wonderful performances.

Salsa