ideas for days out with the kids

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
southbucks3

Re: ideas for days out with the kids

Post by southbucks3 »

Proud_Dad wrote:The new bond movie, Spectre, is also out next week.

(Just incase your DS is one of those strange boys who prefers boring old car chases and spectacular stunts to in-depth historical dramas about the fight for womens' right to vote.. :wink: )
:lol: mine watch the drama of a woman's fight for equality every time they miss when they use the loo at home and don't clear up, or patronisingly declare something technical or mechanical as "woman proof" (even f I am struggling with it :evil: ) so I'm sure they would prefer the bond movie!
Funnily enough I have a few original framed suffrage cartoon postcards on the downstairs cloak room wall.

Bond movie strictly for mid week meet up with school friends in town, I am not invited. :(
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

southbucks3 wrote: :lol: mine watch the drama of a woman's fight for equality every time they miss when they use the loo at home and don't clear up, or patronisingly declare something technical or mechanical as "woman proof" (even f I am struggling with it :evil: )
:lol: :lol:
You are hilarious, SB! :D
Proud_Dad

Post by Proud_Dad »

southbucks3 wrote:Funnily enough I have a few original framed suffrage cartoon postcards on the downstairs cloak room wall.
Think I might find it a bit off-putting having Emmeline Pankhurst watching over me while I use the loo... :(
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Do not worry, Proud_Dad, you can use SB's toilets without feeling uneasy nor stalked upon (that is if she invites you) as her cartoons are in the cloakroom downstairs, not in the loo! :wink:
Proud_Dad

Post by Proud_Dad »

JaneEyre wrote:Do not worry, Proud_Dad, you can use SB's toilets without feeling uneasy nor stalked upon (that is if she invites you) as her cartoons are in the cloakroom downstairs, not in the loo! :wink:
Reminds me of the time when we were looking round houses to buy a few years ago and the estate agent showed us the "downstairs cloakroom". On opening the door my son piped up "Wow, there's a toilet in there!" :lol:
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

:lol: :lol: You just made my day, SB and Proud-Dad!
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Poor mamabear, who must be left wandering when our digressions and banter will end. :roll:
Sorry mamabear! :oops:
Shall we be back on track and give mamabear some helpful suggestions :?: :D :D

One of my other ‘dream’ day for my DS is the visit of HMS victory in Portsmouth + all the historical dockyard
http://www.historicdockyard.co.uk/site- ... ms-victory" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hope this helps :D
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

im enjoying the thread jane eyre- don't stop!

Is it just me who hates it when the boys watch things like James Bond and the fast and the furious....?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I can't wait for Spectre! Family outing planned for that one...mind you, my boys would tie me to the railings if I tried to take them to watch a film about suffragettes...not that I would - I'm actually an uncultured philistine and proud of it!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

MamaBear wrote:im enjoying the thread jane eyre- don't stop!

Is it just me who hates it when the boys watch things like James Bond and the fast and the furious....?

I will be brutally honest, they could go to the cinema and watch three hours of hulk Hogan if i t meant they were enjoying themselves with friends whilst I had peace and quiet. I may draw the line at anything starring the muscles from brussels just on the grounds of snobbery.

I love the river and rowing museum at Henley, mainly for the wind in the willows trail.....I am easily delighted by cute stuffed toy book characters in clever settings, I loved the Beatrice potter museum in the lakes too. You have to know the stories though to really appreciate it. The river and rowing museum has lots more to see plus is in a gorgeous location and adjacent to several play parks.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now