Plastic in schools

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

silverysea

Re: Plastic in schools

Post by silverysea »

One dd reports that metal is used in the canteen, but as it is too small and not v appealing place to eat, plastic is available for those who take food outside or to form room. She brings own food and cutlery from home anyway.

Other in different school is still asleep.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

DS2: proper crockery and and cutlery, not sure whether they are allowed to take that out of the indoor eating areas or whether they have to use disposables for that.

DD - from my recollection, as she is also almost certainly still asleep, at a friend's): proper stuff for eating in the canteen, disposables for takeaway. They are allowed to eat in various places around the school but I have a memory that disposables incur an extra charge and / or are not to be used within the canteen.
Last edited by ToadMum on Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Amber

Post by Amber »

ToadMum wrote:...not sure whether they are allowed to take that out of the indoor dating areas or whether they have to use disposables for that..
What kind of school is this, TM?
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Amber wrote:
ToadMum wrote:...not sure whether they are allowed to take that out of the indoor dating areas or whether they have to use disposables for that..

Our school only has outdoor dating areas. I believe they are behind the bike sheds..........
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Yamin151 wrote:
Amber wrote:

Our school only has outdoor dating areas. I believe they are behind the bike sheds..........

One where they have very restricted use even of phones without the totally bizarre predictive text me this one :lol:

Will go back and edit...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

I have just removed a single set of my best cutlery, a wedding gift, from my dd1's very extensive supplies for going camping with her friends tomorrow. :shock:

But I did replace it with some tatty metal stuff!

:lol:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

silverysea wrote:I have just removed a single set of my best cutlery, a wedding gift, from my dd1's very extensive supplies for going camping with her friends tomorrow. :shock:

But I did replace it with some tatty metal stuff!

:lol:
I get my boys to pinch some plastic cutlery from the school canteen just for this purpose. :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now