General Election

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tree

Re: General Election

Post by Tree »

tiffinboys wrote: It is just that Economists don't agree on one solution.
I am really happy with this TB , even an acknowledgement that there may be more than one possible economic solution and a debate to be had is a big step forward, and not something that a lot of the media is even prepared to accept.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Yep, Always tried to be reasonable. :wink:
Tree

Post by Tree »

Of course you are as are most people in this country that's why we ended slavery and said no to fascism and started the NHS and would never give a majority to UKIP and value multiculturalism and abhor unfairness and entitlement, it is who we are and when the public start to believe that the people in power don't share these views those people are doomed.

Gonna sign off from this debate now, not much else to add really.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/ng-in ... syal-video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We are such a divided society.
Stupid Brexit.
timothylewin

Post by timothylewin »

rumour has it we are set for a new election in 3 months time...Daily Mail article
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

So, May's ineffective gvmt makes a deal with the devil . A dead woman walking.
So, the DUP are holding the English to ransom at a price of one £ 1 BILLION !!

We want 1 billion pounds each for the NW,NE, .....Midlands since we are are a much bigger population than the whole of NI, no doubt the Welsh will want their pound of meat.

Stupidity begets stupidity- will no one rid me of this troublesome woman ?

"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"
doodles

Post by doodles »

The magic money tree has blossomed just in time for the govt / DUP deal and we are told
.The Irish Minister for Foreign Affairs, Simon Coveney said the deal between the Conservative Party and the DUP was "primarily a matter for those two parties".
Excuse me if I beg to differ it's your money and mine they are spending so it's a matter of concern for all of us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-i ... ting-story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
mystery

Post by mystery »

+1. And it only costs us £12.9 billion per annum for EU membership and everything that includes.
doodles

Post by doodles »

mystery wrote:+1. And it only costs us £12.9 billion per annum for EU membership and everything that includes.
A bargain in comparison !
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Amber

Post by Amber »

doodles wrote:The magic money tree has blossomed just in time for the govt / DUP deal and we are told
.The Irish Minister for Foreign Affairs, Simon Coveney said the deal between the Conservative Party and the DUP was "primarily a matter for those two parties".
Excuse me if I beg to differ it's your money and mine they are spending so it's a matter of concern for all of us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-i ... ting-story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sadly, I think it really is a matter for those two parties. The last two disastrous years have been a series of adventures brought about by the Conservative party for their own ends and have had very little to do with the national interest and everything to do with ensuring the survival of that party and its grip on power. At any cost.

I'm currently in northern Scandinavia and it feels like a world away. This is what society could be like and imho what we should aspire to. I have no desire to come back to the hideous mess of Britain. What a ship of fools.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now