Non-iron white school shirts/blouses

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
drinkmoretea

Re: Non-iron white school shirts/blouses

Post by drinkmoretea »

Well, with the realisation that there are many years of shirts ahead of us, I bought a couple of different brands, washed them and hung them straight away to see which looked least crumpled. The Sainsbury's non-iron looked great - I will be buying more of those as DC get bigger.

M&S Non-iron, however, looked disappointingly scrumpled - the label suggested they should be tumbled and then hung, but we don't have a tumble dryer. Obviously I should have read the small print before purchase...

I am clearly not the super fast ironer that Kenyan is, and can think of many more fun ways to spend my ironing time. Thanks to those who provided helpful brand suggestions.
Choco

Post by Choco »

Honestly, just don't bother ironing. Buy the so-called non-iron ones and accept there might be a few minor creases that no-one will notice or be bothered about. Shirts/blouses are mostly under Blazers or jumpers and very little can be seen.....and no one gives a toss. Honestly, life is too short.

And yes, Banner does the rever open-neck type for girls, but so does M and S at this time of year.
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

A big like for Choco's post above. This is my philosophy too. Life is too short for ironing and no-one notices the difference once the shirt has been worn for 10 mins.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now