Doing it all again ?

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
aliportico

Re: Doing it all again ?

Post by aliportico »

DD1 did the tests in 2007, dd2 didn't (phew), and now ds is about to do it in a couple of months time. Yes, I am a bit of a wreck! I thought it might be easier-going this time round, but I am far more anxious already, and have no idea how I'm going to make it to March :(
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Ds2 has just gone into yr5 and I've hit the wine already. :wink: He will receive exactly the same help and support as Ds1 had and I will be so proud of him for working hard to achieve the best score that he can, exactly as I was of Ds1.
Dd is only in yr2 though so I can rest a while after next year.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

"...and I've hit the wine already"

I know exactly how you feel. I can't believe how nervous I'm feeling at the moment with the tests actually happening, even though its of no relevance to me this year.

(Enjoy your post exam celebrations tonight - I may indulge in a glass of two in support of you all)
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Yes, PC I shall force myself to partake too. :) I'm feeling sick about next year now...it's brought back all those emotions and I thought I was so laid back this time round.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Already waking up in the early hours of the morning worrying! Just ridiculous. DC however blissfully unaware of how neurotic I am. I think.