How to hold your pen - or at least DD's!!!

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pist

Re: How to hold your pen - or at least DD's!!!

Post by pist »

To all you parents of little lefties, this website can provide some help: http://www.lefthandersclub.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As a parent of a lefthander, pencil grip and handwriting is an ongoing issue here, but I think it is worth persisting trying to achieve a good writing position (ie grip/ angling of paper) so that a. the child can actually see what they are writing and b. don't end up with dreadful aches and pains due to impossible writing positions. Sadly this is something I have found woefully little attention to in schools (both state and indie) for both right handed and left handed child (...and don't get me started on the the lack of general leftie-awareness, even amongst the otherwise most caring and conscientious teachers - something is definitely lacking in the system here - I don't blame any of my children's generally wonderful teachers for this, but I am rather surprised at the how little awareness is present in schools, for something that affects around 10% of pupils... phew - rant over :) )
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now