Interesting Michael Gove Petition

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

Re: Interesting Michael Gove Petition

Post by mystery »

No, the new national curriculum is only being used in part in some places, but Amber was referring to things which are taking place now as being the product of Gove's ideas. Certainly nothing has happened at our school, which would be observable by him in the classroom, that is anything to do with him. I think we are still on literacy hour, numeracy hour and the old primary framework and units. What were you referring to Amber?
succeed

Post by succeed »

Mystery, you are such a staunch defender of Michael Gove that I must confess it has crossed my mind that you are , in fact, ..................................................................his mum :lol: :lol:
mystery

Post by mystery »

:lol: No I'm not his Mum ..... nor a staunch defender. Certainly I'm glad to be no relative as he has to be one of the ugliest men I have ever seen in public life.

However, I think you are giving him too much credit by stating he has made some change in primary schools - either for the better or for the worse. What is it that he has done that has made a difference at your schools in the last year or two? Nothing at mine. I'm not saying it has improved - but the deterioration at mine is nothing to do with him.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

In any case, the the person responsible for abolishing grammars is Shirley Williams. Nothing Gove can do which could barely be comparable. Even staunch supporters of comprehensives (in public) send their children to private schools. Ask Diane Abbott and Ruth Kelly.
mystery

Post by mystery »

There's an unwritten rule that ideology can be swept aside when it comes to one's own children. It doesn't just apply to people in public life.