Transfer to Grammar School

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

not too long...otherwise you might have to change your user-name to wide-body jet. :lol:
jet wrote: the diet can wait a bit longer!
but choc and wine at Hotel California (REHAB) have zero calories as they are cyber goodies. :lol:

Weight-watchers can't touch us....
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

jet wrote:I’m all for comfort food at times of stress – the diet can wait a bit longer!
Here here!!

Will join you with the wine and chocs...perhaps will wait until after noon though!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
jet

Post by jet »

I’ll definitely have to change my user name soon – I promised my DD an Indian takeaway tonight (her favourite), as she’s got through the week!

Turbojet, after you have the curries? :lol:
I’ll definitely have to change my user name soon – I promised my DD an Indian takeaway tonight
She thoroughly deserves it! Enjoy!
tco

Post by tco »

Bad Dad wrote:We are all keen for academic success for our children, which is great, but don't you also think that a bit of mental and physical toughness will go a long way?
Bad Dad, I agree entirely ... when I was young we had to live in 'ole in middle of road ... I had to get up at 6am t'milk cows and THEN walk 5 miles to school with no shoes ... just brown paper and string holding it t'gether ... but was I down-hearted?

... eeh by gum no I LOVED it!

Regards, TCO

when I was young we had to live in 'ole in middle of road ... I had to get up at 6am t'milk cows and THEN walk 5 miles to school with no shoes ... just brown paper and string holding it t'gether ...
you were lucky...

when I was young, we had to live in a 'ole in the middle of a cardboard box.. I had to get up at 5 am t'stoke the embers and THEN walk 10 miles to the fields with no breakfast...just some string to chew and some leaves to suck on....

Regards

LBSWM :lol:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

laid back son worried mum wrote:
when I was young we had to live in 'ole in middle of road ... I had to get up at 6am t'milk cows and THEN walk 5 miles to school with no shoes ... just brown paper and string holding it t'gether ...
you were lucky...

when I was young, we had to live in a 'ole in the middle of a cardboard box.. I had to get up at 5 am t'stoke the embers and THEN walk 10 miles to the fields with no breakfast...just some string to chew and some leaves to suck on....

Regards

LBSWM :lol:
You forgot the bit about licking t'road clean... :lol:
Marylou

you're suppo5ed to say the 'lick the motorway clean' bit, Marylou... :lol:

I can't remember a11 of it... jet wi11 be suitably distracted now and counting her ble55ings!
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Oh dear doesn't it bring back memories

Walking ten miles clambering over the old Farmers gate and ducking so he couldn't hit me with his rifle for tresspassing. Bare footed, bags of wood on my back to deliver to local factory for a shilling

but of that smell of Hovis when I got back, them were the days!!!

:wink:
bigrob

Post by bigrob »

Jet

Sitting in front of the TV watchng X Factor and surfing.

I have 2 DSes both who are very confident. To hear about children with less confidence makes heart bleed for you.

It's nearly a month since the last psot.

Any progress with DD?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now