NFER 11A which pack?

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
yoyo123

Re: NFER 11A which pack?

Post by yoyo123 »

they are available in book shops. You can also get them from this site

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/books/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pist

Post by pist »

Amazon I think (a few months ago) It's the GL pack and I believe they are available from this site shop too.
la boume

Post by la boume »

Is it the yellow one?
la boume

Post by la boume »

Or blue with the pinguins?
pist

Post by pist »

Yellow - with noughts and crosses
Last edited by pist on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JGBallard

Post by JGBallard »

Hello Sally Anne,
Can I remind you of this comment you posted

Please rest assured that the Moderators act very swiftly when anyone posts information about tests that are still under way, and we err on the side of caution.

If in doubt, please "report" the post to us, as we cannot be here 24/7.

Sally-Anne

Well that is what I did .... I do not think it is then fair for you to say we are being silly with our posts..not very constructive. I am glad you have had the opportunity to reassure everyone that you do clamp down immediately on anything that is posted which might help people who have yet to sit the exam. I am pleased I raised my concern. I am disappointed that some of the replies from the moderators have been somewhat condescending. It seems that one guest has been banned just for airing views...the crime seems to be to question things, particularly questioning anything the moderators say...instead of looking out for people abusing the site. You can rest assured that we are just parents looking out for our own children and this is really what this site is for. Did any of the moderators have children who sat the Tiffin Test on January 6th? If so, I am sure you would understand the stress involved in the process and the feeling of wanting you child who has worked really hard to have an equal chance of getting in. I would have liked to have seen a bit more empathy from the moderators and not criticism.
la boume

Post by la boume »

Now I am completely lost...Can see yellow only with the giraffe or penguins. Not available now from Amazon, but has quite bad reviews. All Stephen Curran books got 5* reviews.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

The Nfer/GL papers are practice papers , pure and simple. If you are in an area in which the 11+ is set by Nfer ( eg Kent) then these are nearest to the format of that test and are really useful for familiarising children with the layout of the actual test. The Stephen Curran material is additional practice
la boume

Post by la boume »

Thanks, Yoyo, but i just can't find the right pack.
pist

Post by pist »

I think the penguins are the old Letts edition. Noughts and crosses the new GL edition (am guessing this is what you will get if you order from this site now, I think penguin ones pictured are out of print). But I am new to this, so maybe somebody "older" and wiser can advise.

:) pist

edit: am sure I got them from Amazon , but think they must be the same as you would get from this site
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now