Changing School Preference after 31st October is possible

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ejf

Changing School Preference after 31st October is possible

Post by Ejf »

I’ve just had a really interesting email exchange with Warwickshire admissions. I explained I hadn’t been able to see a school due to Covid restrictions however the school were planning an open day in November. I asked whether I could change my preferences on the CAF after 31st October if we liked/ disliked the school when we visited in November.

Admissions says whilst we couldn’t add any schools (this would be considered as late) we could remove schools after 31st October and this would not have any detriment to overall application.

Therefore if you can’t decide between school A and B but rank A 1st and B 2nd. If in November/December you change your mind and want B, you simply remove A, and B becomes first choice.

I thought I’d share here as I had no awareness of this previously and might really help some people like us who haven’t been able to visit all of the schools they would like.
scary mum

Re: Changing School Preference after 31st October is possibl

Post by scary mum »

Anyone reading this should note that this may not be the case in other areas, please check with your local authority.
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

scary mum wrote:Anyone reading this should note that this may not be the case in other areas, please check with your local authority.
Yes, I would second that - I suspect it may be a case of asking the admissions team if they can do it, because merely going back in, amending your application and resubmitting (which you would have to do) may trigger a change of status to 'late'?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ric1982

Post by ric1982 »

Instead of removing it, do they allow simply to change the order/rank? So for e.g. swap 4 <-> 3 ?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ric1982 wrote:Instead of removing it, do they allow simply to change the order/rank? So for e.g. swap 4 <-> 3 ?
you would need to check with them, I suspect they would be happy to delete a school but swapping (possibly done multiple times) could get complicated and open to error