Newstead Woods 2010 exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ang's mom

Re: Newstead Woods 2010 exams

Post by Ang's mom »

Billie wrote:Thanks Bromley mum - I thought it sounded a bit strange.

Interesting comment blessedmum, I suppose everyone puts in the form after the open day, but before the Kent and Bexley results come out and so maybe they won't all turn up for the test!
I know a few Kent high scorers who were thinking of putting TOGS first then Newstead on the CAF, whether they did or not I don't know.
We were one of those wanting to put TOGS first and then Newstead and I know quite a few others too . I am not sure what they finally submitted though.
Ang's mom

Post by Ang's mom »

Deleted..double post!
Billie

Post by Billie »

Thanks for putting my mind at rest. I wish we had just ignored the sample paper .
Ang's mom

Post by Ang's mom »

Billie wrote:Thanks for putting my mind at rest. I wish we had just ignored the sample paper .
Saying that, I would look at them anyway. Havent done so far, but probably this weekend.
Just the kind of questions and not the manner they are answered, that sort of thing :)
lashingsofgingerbeer

Post by lashingsofgingerbeer »

Thanks for letting us know that Newstead are posting the letters for the test times today - was starting to wonder when they would arrive. Yes, our sentiments entirely, can't wait until November 13th is over and then a break from all of this cramming & testing & our kitchen will look like a kitchen once again, instead of an 11+ Amazon store :D CAF form is in, last test is coming up, DD passed the Bexley test, so at least we know all this prep will stand her in good sted whatever happens & what will be, will be, & hopefully we can all have some fun family time back again & I for one will be having a very large glass of wine (or two!) to celebrate :D
tests

Post by tests »

Any last minute tips for the Newstead Test. Do they have a break between the VR and the NVR tests.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Yes, they have a break between the two tests. They are given juice and biscuits. As for last minute tips just don't do what I saw one mum doing last year. She was testing her daughter on various things and getting quite agitated. You could see the daughter was becoming more tense as the mum went on and on and on. With the numbers expected to turn up be prepared to queue for some time. So, bring along a rain coat or umbrella and a warm coat. If you know someone who is sitting the test too and the two DD s are good friends it may be an idea to go together so the two girls can chat while waiting to go in. Oh, by the way you will have to leave them at the gate. You will not be allowed to go right into the school so be prepared to say bye at the gate with a big smile. Some of the younger ones find that quite daunting, walking into a new place on their own. Newstead have 6th Form girls around that day and they are all lovely. They really put the girls at ease. Good luck.
Ang's mom

Post by Ang's mom »

Thanks bromley mum..So it seems like theres going to be long queues like they had for the Open Day ? Anything else that you can think of. Thanks again.

You are right LOGB..my living room would start looking normal again :). I dont ever want to see a single NVR paper anymore..lol!
tests

Post by tests »

Thanks a lot bromley mum for the useful tips. i am sure these are going to be very helpful. Do let us know if you think of anything else useful. Oh yes! It would be relief after next Saturday not to be thinking of NVR any more. The girls would be releived. Best wishes to everyone!!
lashingsofgingerbeer

Post by lashingsofgingerbeer »

Hurrah, received the test time this morning - it's session 1 for us. Best of luck 'Ang's Mom' & 'tests' for next Saturday & everyone else taking it! Last year a friend's DD sat the test & it hailed, rained, stormed & everything else on the morning, so definitely a waterproof coat & umbrella :shock: Not long now till the final round folks - it's all gone very quiet on here compared to last year :?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now