11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mumsy77

Re: Dartford girls or Townley?

Post by Mumsy77 »

That's so helpful, thank you.
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

If Latin is the deciding factor it may be worth checking with Townley because when we visited at Open day the HT told us that Latin GCSE was not offered but that “Classical Civilisation” was an option.

If you still have the prospectus of both schools you could look in the back of the book and compare the results by subject. I think those results are available on line somewhere as well. It is often useful to see the facts behind the league tables. I found it a real eye opener. A school can have 100% A-C in the league tables compared to another school who only have 95% but find that the school with 100% has a lot of B & Cs whilst the school of 95% has mostly got A&Bs. The difference in 100-95% can be just a hand full of pupils.

In terms of A levels, I have not looked at these when deciding on a school for a year 7. Some will already no longer offer A levels by the time ours get there. I think it was BGS who said that the next year 7 intake will no longer have A levels as an option should they stay at the school. It will all be IB. Who knows schools may change direction again between now and then.

Good luck.
Mumsy77

Post by Mumsy77 »

Decided on Townley, has everything we need and easy to get to.
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

Now there is only the summer to enjoy. Good luck, I'm sure you have made someone on the DGGS waiting list a very happy bunny.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now