215 is passmark - 249 is top 180

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Re: 215 is passmark - 249 is top 180

Post by ToadMum »

The 'pass' score for our local grammar schools is set to reflect a level which the schools feel represents suitability for a grammar school education. So (in theory at least), whereas some entrants will find the race of the schools 'less difficult to cope with', none should find themselves failing to keep up one a regular basis. This, I assume, is the case in Bexley with the pass score? ie it represents a suitable standard rather than just a number of candidates equal to 'number of grammar school places in the borough plus a few extra to allow for selections of offer'?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
year4mum

Post by year4mum »

Last edited by year4mum on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy hamster

Post by Happy hamster »

Ignore them! Your child did brilliantly well and you deserve to be over the moon about it!
year4mum

Post by year4mum »

Last edited by year4mum on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
voyager_ind

Post by voyager_ind »

My DD missed out on verbal and the standardised score is 209.
Tough luck !

While I think I shall apply for a review , I was wanting some help on
( I am also OOC)
A. Can some one advise me on good secondary schools in Bexley and Bromley
B. With a score of 209, would it be worth still applying for a grammar school - any suggestions on which schools to apply would be helpful

Thanks in advance !
N
year4mum

Post by year4mum »

Last edited by year4mum on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
memphis

Post by memphis »

edit
memphis

Post by memphis »

edit
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

memphis wrote:
year4mum wrote:Thanks Toadmum ,yes that makes sense - there are over 1500 selective children and nearly 800 spaces, and imagine the schools would want the system changed f they were regularly getting students who had jsut got in , and were then struggling and bringing their results down ! - Also , thinking about it , one of the grammars apparently often offers places to children who have narrowly missed the pass mark , think I need to calm down !
Just hard when feeling proud of dd results , but then having it brought down by others ( do wonder if the same people's children had "just" passed whether they would follow their own advice ?? )

Our local comps are amazing and we really liked them , but they have much smaller catchment areas than the grammars , so not guaranteed to get in - so will appease myself by telling myself that by sending my dd to grammar to "struggle" , I am in turn releasing a place for their children to succeed :lol: )

Thank you all for humouring me , and allowing me to let of steam !
Yes you need to calm down. There's no need to insult other children and parents by implying they don't deserve to go to the same school as your dd because they've "just" passed. Any child who achieved the pass mark is deemed selective. End of.
Actually I get the idea that year4mum was trying to make someone who might have been feeling a little down about DCs results better. Don't understand what your problem is memphis? The struggle comment was directed at her own DC and those who make parents feel a just scraped pass is a not a 'good enough ' pass which is a load of twaddle. Am also getting fed up with snipes at posters grammar and literacy skills on this site. It is uncalled for. We are not all English graduates or attended schools where this sort of this was drilled into us and having DC with dyslexia makes me even more hyper sensitive to it. Plus computers make mistakes too - auto spell!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

please remain civil and refrain from personal attacks on other posters
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now