Townley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
thickasabrick

Re: Townley

Post by thickasabrick »

Hi all - I think the situation here is that you can be on as many waiting lists as you like in Bexley - not just your first preference.
Our borough (Bromley) automatically puts everyone on the waiting list for all higher preferences. I have not heard of an authority that limits the number of waiting lists you can join.

If that happens, something needs to be done about it.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

thickasabrick wrote:
Hi all - I think the situation here is that you can be on as many waiting lists as you like in Bexley - not just your first preference.
Our borough (Bromley) automatically puts everyone on the waiting list for all higher preferences. I have not heard of an authority that limits the number of waiting lists you can join.

A question of if/ when you can join waiting lists for lower preferences than the one you were allocated, or schools you didn't apply for in the first place, perhaps? Think Kent lets you do the latter after the second round of applications.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Sorrel wrote:
thickasabrick wrote:

A question of if/ when you can join waiting lists for lower preferences than the one you were allocated, or schools you didn't apply for in the first place, perhaps? Think Kent lets you do the latter after the second round of applications.
Hi,

You can in Kent. As per the London boroughs, they have different rules.

Salsa
salsa

Post by salsa »

Any last minute allocations for Townley?

Salsa
Blackheathparent

Post by Blackheathparent »

We moved one position up in the last week or so, so assuming a lucky girl got a last minute place. DD moved a total of 10 positions since the list was compiled...
salsa

Post by salsa »

Blackheathparent wrote:We moved one position up in the last week or so, so assuming a lucky girl got a last minute place. DD moved a total of 10 positions since the list was compiled...
Oh. So, are you still close?

Salsa
Blackheathparent

salsa wrote:
Blackheathparent wrote:We moved one position up in the last week or so, so assuming a lucky girl got a last minute place. DD moved a total of 10 positions since the list was compiled...
Oh. So, are you still close?

Salsa
I don’t think there’s any chance tbh, unless you’re number 1 or 2 on the list, which is not my case...
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

The Bexley Bookley for 2019 entry makes for interesting reading with the distances. http://www.bexley.gov.uk/sites/default/ ... o-2020.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3 years ago - all applicants offered
2 years ago - 9.7 miles road route
last year (as of June 2018) 6 miles road route
Fingerscrossedmum

Post by Fingerscrossedmum »

What's also interesting is the number of appeals for Townley - 46 (up from 18 last year); non successfully.
Blackheathparent

Fingerscrossedmum wrote:What's also interesting is the number of appeals for Townley - 46 (up from 18 last year); non successfully.
Two appeals were actually upheld this year.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now