Travel to Newstead from Dartford/Bexley/Wilmington/Swanley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sonya21uk

Travel to Newstead from Dartford/Bexley/Wilmington/Swanley

Post by sonya21uk »

My DD will be joining NW from September.
We are struggling with travel arrangements from Old Bexley as we have no direct public transport/ not close to the coach pickup points.
Lewis Coaches will consider a new route to pick up at Bexley/ Dartford/ Wilmington/ Swanley if there are 10 children or more interested.
Please PM me if this is of interest for NW and Olaves Orpington schools.
PettswoodFiona

Re: Travel to Newstead from Dartford/Bexley/Wilmington/Swanl

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Is there no bus or option to get to Bexley station? Some parts of Old Bexley are a similar walking distance to Bexley station as Newstead is to Orpington. If your daughter takes any of the twilight classes or does after school sports then public transport is so much more flexible.
Louise23

Post by Louise23 »

Hi

Have you looked into the 492 from Bexley then change at Foots Cray for the 51 to Orpington. I don’t think that is much more than half hour journey?
sonya21uk

Post by sonya21uk »

Will think of these options.
Many thanks.
Jenbob

Post by Jenbob »

I have a feeling that the 492 is not that regular a bus - every half hour? From Bexley Village your best bet is to get the 229 or 269 which both take you to Sidcup Station (roughly a 10 min ride and both regular). If your DD gets the 229, this stops at the 51 bus stop at Sidcup Station so jump on 51. The 269 stops at the bus stop around the corner on Faraday Avenue/Hatherley Crescent stop and is a 1 min walk max to the 51 bus stop previously mentioned. The 51 to Orpington Station takes roughly 25 mins but you'd need to factor in the traffic that can build up along the Sevenoaks Way. Hope this helps.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now