Newstead Wood Exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
georgex

Newstead Woods exam

Post by georgex »

If the test has roughly 80 questions for non verbal and 75 for verbal how does the pass mark need to be around 220? How do they get 280 out of 2 papers? anyone know?
WesterhamMum

Post by WesterhamMum »

I understood that the scores were standardised like the 11 + and therefore each subject was worth a possible 140. I maybe wrong.
vrm

Post by vrm »

Has anybody in Kent got into Newstead Wood? I know you got to know via email today.
jonnie303

Post by jonnie303 »

Has anybody in Kent got into Newstead Wood? I know you got to know via email today.
Just heard that our daughter's got into Newstead Wood - we, and she, are thrilled!

Good luck to everyone today.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Congratulations Jonnie303 you and your dd must be soooo pleased! Well done! :D
vrm

Post by vrm »

We were one of the lucky few who managed to check the results online exactly at 7am this morning. I know others who waited ages.

The good news is that our daughter got a place at Newstead Wood. Jonnie303 -- hope to see you at the school gates!
georgex

Post by georgex »

We got Newstead, over the moon.
JC

Post by JC »

We didnt get newstead - anyone any idea on marks? Not sure if will get on waiting list? :cry:
JC

Post by JC »

Sorry - meant to say well done to all girls who did get in - some very proud parents/girls out there.! :)
vrm

Post by vrm »

JC -- I called the school yesterday and they said they do not disclose marks to successful candidates, as they want to treat all girls equally when they join the school. So if you want to know cut off marks, you will have to ask somebody who did not get in. If you do receive a letter from the school indicating cut offs, please let us know on this forum.